- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Music or Elementary Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience at the relevant level
- Experience teaching/supporting the Cambridge Assessment International curriculum
- Strong pedagogy and methodology in primary education
- Ability to articulate verbally, and apply effective strategies in music
- Proven history of high levels in student attainment of knowledge in and creation of music
- Strong leadership skills
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges
- For visa purposes, must be under 55 years of age
- Tax free salary
- Paid Housing (Studio or one bedroom)
- Annual flight to point of origin
- Medical insurance
- Tuition assistance for dependent school age children
The music teacher will develop and implement the whole school music program. Following the school’s curriculum, the teacher will ensure that all students in grades 1 through 6 learn to listen to, create and perform music. Music instruction will also provide students with basic vocal instruction and teach them about various instruments, including percussion, brass, woodwinds and string instruments.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods and resources
- Communicate with students in a manner that enhances student learning and understanding of music.
- Recognize student diversity and create an atmosphere that promotes positive student involvement and self-concept.
- Lead in creative and curriculum instruction that highlights music and drama performances
- Develop the Music curriculum across the entire school
- Conduct individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Instruct students in proper care and use of instruments and equipment
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepare progress reports
- Plan and present student performances for the school and the community
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration
Sarh Al Jaameah Private School (SAPS), in Muscat, Oman, opened in September 2019. The school will serve grades 1 through 4 during the 2020-2021 school year. The school was born out of the vision of the Sultan Qaboos University and promises to be a beacon in the private school community.
SAPS is an extension of the university, and it will have access to many supports, including faculty from colleges of diverse disciplines. As international educators, you’ll join a richly diverse team of professionals with vast experiences that will translate into service learning, real-world application, subjects and content of interest for students to explore and experiment in and the opportunity to leave your indelible mark as the founding teachers and leaders. You will be part of a brand new school, which will welcome your gifts and talents. There is ample room for professional growth and opportunities to be creative and flexible in approaches to learning. This is a very exciting project, which encourages the innovative juices to flow and impact children and the school community.