The music teacher will develop and implement the whole school music program. Following the school’s curriculum, the teacher will ensure that all students in grades 1 through 6 learn to listen to, create and perform music. Music instruction will also provide students with basic vocal instruction and teach them about various instruments, including percussion, brass, woodwinds and string instruments.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods and resources
- Communicate with students in a manner that enhances student learning and understanding of music.
- Recognize student diversity and create an atmosphere that promotes positive student involvement and self-concept.
- Lead in creative and curriculum instruction that highlights music and drama performances
- Develop the Music curriculum across the entire school
- Conduct individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Instruct students in proper care and use of instruments and equipment
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepare progress reports
- Plan and present student performances for the school and the community
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration