MYP Design Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, Vocational/Technical Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Design, Computer Programming, Robotics
- Teaching Credential/License
Please read below carefully. Only complete applications through our school website will be considered.
You must have documented design teaching experience at the middle school level in accredited schools. This is not a TEFL/TESL position. Candidates must have at least 2 years' documented experience teaching G6-G10 in an accredited school as a design teacher to be considered.
If not from the US/UK/Canada/Australia/NZ then you must have a recent results certificate from TOEFL (min 600); TOEIC (min 550); or IELTS (min 5)
- PLEASE be aware that we contact your current and prior employers to verify your work history in addition to your references.
You must apply through our school application website to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Accident Insurance (Local) + Major Medical Insurance (International)
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- In-school training and support provided
- Professional Development provided (in and outside of school)
Roong Aroon International School is urgently looking for a second Design teacher to join our team. You must be able to collaboratively design curriculum and teach classes at the middle years level. You should also have a commitment to - or strong interest in - interdisciplinary learning. We are also seeking to provide more opportunities for students to develop digital media (animation, coding, programming) techniques.
WE are a new international extension of an established, private Thai school outside of the city center. Our pedagogical style is holistic, mindful, experiential and project-based. We need multifaceted teachers to join our team as we continue our journey to IB-MYP verification.
Our teachers need to:
- Be lifelong learners who practice self-reflection and mindfulness
- Facilitate student transformation, both academic and personal
- Have a growth mindset and not be academically driven or rigid in understanding
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across cultures and languages
- Have a teacher's spirit to be a proactive, compassionate, open-minded member of our community
Our learning programme is concept-based, values-driven, holistic and interdisciplinary. If you need textbooks, a content-based plan, or exam results to gauge academic achievement and your career fulfilment, then we are likely not the school for you.
RAIS shares an expansive, green campus with a commitment to zero waste. We offer a lot of opportunities for growth - both for our students and our faculty - within a natural setting and a welcoming community. If you have a passion for the environment, curiosity about Thai innovation and tradition, or are just a creative, inventive person, our school offers unlimited potential for a variety of projects both on and off-campus.
Things to know:
- This school year began mid-May and ends at the start of April, but we are moving to the international academic calendar for next year
- Teachers' in-service occurs before and after start/end of student term days
- Experience with TESOL is important as our students are Thai, with varying levels of English fluency
- Differentiation, scaffolding and encouraging are activities you will engage in fairly constantly
- Our international program is currently an MYP candidate program (verification visit is scheduled for November 2020), so some experience with the MYP is a benefit but professional development will be provided
Roong Aroon Foundation is a private not-for-profit organization which oversees two schools: Roong Aroon School and Roong Aroon International School.
Roong Aroon School is an alternative, Thai, Buddhist school which was set up in 1996 and accredited in 1997. This Thai school is composed of three independent departments, Mixed kindergarten (ages 4-6), the primary school (grades 1-6), and the secondary school (grades 7-12). Roong Aroon School opened an English Programme in 2019 at the Kindergarten level, and will open Primary level classes each year to "grow up" this programme. Currently, we have Grade 1 and Grade 2 opened in this programme.
In 2020, a new development was launched: Roong Aroon International School. This programme is for Grades 6 - 10, and is currently a candidate with the International Baccalaureate Organisation's Middle Years Programme.
Both schools promotes collaborative working teams, and each is separately managed by a schoo head or principal who can initiate their own team’s considerable initiatives from teacher meetings linking different levels or from a Core Subject team approach.
Grounded in the holistic learning process, Roong Aroon aims to provide a more natural environment and promote creative practices that help encourage children at each age level to attain their own learning potential. Subjects are integrated into project-based learning modules, each over one trimester. Teaching and planning is collaborative, and there are frequent presentation and performance opportunities for students to demonstrate their achievements.
Both schools share fifty rai (twenty acres) of land on the outskirts of Bangkok in the Bangkhuntien district. The site is remote from the crowded and dense inner city. The buildings are grouped by department, and are nestled in a natural environment, with surroundings that are landscaped with abundant and airy greenery, fully accessible to all the students. Most of the area is developed to cater to both outdoor and indoor learning activities, supplemented by regular off-campus field study. Additionally, the school works diligently to have a low environmental impact. A schoolwide, multifaceted recycling programme has been in place for over a decade with continual improvements.
Our schools combine to be a thriving community. Parents, teachers, and staff participate closely together to create a variety of lively and supportive activities. We believe that by maintaining a warm atmosphere among our own team of teachers, workers, parents, and children, the growth of a cultivated community is certain to be developed and sustained. In this way, our students understand the importance of community and their responsibility in maintaining a healthy, productive and inclusive community.
Be aware that we recruit for different programmes: the Thai school's English Language Programme (English as a second or other language); the Thai school's English Programme (a bilingual learning programme); and the International School programme (subject-based, academic learning in English supported by Thai). It is therefore very important that you read job descriptions carefully and apply to the specific job for which you are qualified. The application process is managed by different teams representing the different programmes.