MYP Design Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- Teaching Credential/License
- Demonstrate the attributes of the IB learner profile
- Tech-savvy and willing to try out new technologies to enhance student’s learning
- Strong organizational skills
- Growth mindset and a life-long learner
- Flexible, creative, and open to new ideas and change
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated to student learning
- Team player with strong collaboration skills
- Willing to work creatively with available materials/ resources
- Able to create and teach transdisciplinary (primary level) or interdisciplinary (secondary level) lessons
- Understand the developmental characteristics, differences in learning styles and intelligence and adapt lesson planning and teaching appropriately
We are an international school located in Nagoya, Japan.
We are looking for a qualified Design teacher who can implement the IB MYP framework for Grades 6-10.
Design subjects can be offered as digital design, product design, or as a combination of digital and product design depending on the qualification of the candidate.
Candidates that can teach both Design and Visual Arts will be given priority.
- Preparation, marking, report writing, and all other administration related to the teaching of the subject(s)
- Participate in departmental meetings, planning, in-service training activities, and invigilation duties as required by the administrators
- Work closely with the IB Coordinator and other colleagues to develop curriculum as needed
- Be available to conference with students out of class
- Promptly pass information to advisors and Coordinators when student’s attendance, academic performance, or behavior is praiseworthy or giving cause for concern
- To be available for work on campus in good time to complete all necessary preparations and meetings before the start of the term
- To respect the confidential nature of discussions at staff meetings and other contexts in which sensitive information is likely to be communicated – particularly in terms of interaction with students
- Support school life by chaperoning activities, clubs, field trips, camp, and being an advisor to a group of students
- Fulfill other duties as required by the administrators
- Create a curriculum with lessons, units, themes, and work that provides student growth and development
- Work with the rest of the school team to create transdisciplinary (primary level) or interdisciplinary (secondary level) units and occupations that connect to a variety of subjects
- Deliver meaningful lessons and guide experiences that develop student skills and engagement
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback on student work
- Organize day trips connected to the curriculum that get students out into the community
Enishi is a remarkable learning environment in which individuals from over 23 nationalities teach, learn and grow every single day. Our students are given unique opportunities to explore and help them prosper as they grow. Our school provides an education that combines high academic standards with a truly international personal perspective and good character.
We have a carefully blended curriculum of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), Diploma Programme (DP), and the Japanese Kokugo Curriculum. The Curricula provides a rigorous comprehensive educational programme preparing our students for the next phase of their education by equipping them with the required skills and qualifications to be fruitful members of their own communities. This challenging education takes place in an ideal learning environment at our School.
Our vision is to help shape the future for a better world by using leading educational practices to nurture internationally minded learners who show caring, respect, and compassion through their actions
Our mission is to develop confident lifelong learners who are; multilingual, inquiring, open-minded, and respectful of all cultures.