MYP General Science
- Elementary, Middle School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- General Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.
- Number of Contract Days
- 180 student contact days and 185 staff contact days annually. This number increases in the case of an administrative or leadership position.
- Kuwait is tax-free.
- Savings Potential
- Singles can save around half of their monthly salary depending on lifestyle and travel.
- Couples can save a month's salary depending on lifestyle and travel.
- Graduate School Tuition Grant: 50% of one (1) course paid per year up to KD 240. Must be enrolled in a graduate degree program and signed on to AIS in the following year. There are 15 course tuition grants awarded each year.
- Individual provided apartment is located within a 5 minute walk to the school. Partially furnished apartment including major furnishings. Utilities provided. Internet is the responsibility of the staff member, but is inexpensive comparative to other countries.
- Incoming and final flights provided by school. Annual summer leave round trip flight provided via stipend based on point of origin. Flight stipend paid in cash with January salary annually.
- Moving Allowance
- Settling-in allowance paid on first day of work (roughly $1000). Baggage allowance reimbursement (up to roughly $700). All work visa process documentation reimbursed within the first month of employment.
- Dependent Opportunities
- One full tuition coverage for each international hire.
- Kuwait provides for public health insurance.
- AIS provides international medical insurance through Cigna International and a local Kuwait partner. Full coverage, except within USA which only has emergency medical coverage. Co-insurance cost of US$15 per visit.
- Dental coverage exists through a local dental clinic which reduces cost of check-ups and other services.
- Profession Development
- 200 KD for pre-approved activities annually. Can be carried forward after initial contract to the limit of KD 400.
The classroom teacher works collaboratively to plan, deliver, and assess the AIS curriculum through the MYP.
The American International School Kuwait is a rigorous and college-preparatory Pre-K through grade 12 school offering three International Baccalaureate Programmes; the PYP, MYP, and DP. We pride ourselves in offering a challenging academic curriculum rooted in nurturing students to thrive and to be balanced. Our school Mission embodies our commitment to our local and international student body:
AIS Kuwait inspires students to become critical thinkers and contributing world citizens through rigor and balance in a nurturing educational environment.
Over the course of a PK-12 education, the AIS community works collaboratively to support graduates reach the various aspects of our Profile of the Graduates.
Ideally, AIS graduates will become contributing global citizens, who:take initiative to organize ideas and apply thinking skills independently. explore concepts, ideas and issues that have significance to local and global systems, and develop their natural curiosity. are positive people who value a strong work ethic, self-reliance and volunteerism. become flexible and adaptable members of a global community, accustomed to seeking and evaluating a range of points of view, and willing to grow from the experience. understand the importance of intellectual and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being for themselves and others. show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. express ideas and information confidently and creatively in more than one language and in a variety of modes of communication. set goals which are supportive of their learning and personal development and they approach unfamiliar situations and uncertainty with courage and forethought, and have the persistence and adaptability to explore new roles, ideas and strategies.
AIS is a large school with a student population diversity of 47 nationalities, the majority being of an Arabic background. Our local and international teaching staff are representative of the English-speaking world with the majority American or Canadian. AIS is a collaborative community with opportunities for extensive professional learning and growth.