Online English Vocabulary Tutor
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Exceptional English communication skills both verbal and written (American style accent)
- Experience with North American/multinational colleagues and clients is a plus
- Experience in teaching academic English (written, speaking, vocabulary) is a plus
- Experience in online teaching is a plus
- University/college graduate is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites and google software (slides, spreadsheet, docs etc,)
- Professional appearance
- Desktop or laptop - Windows 7 (or above) / dual-core processor or better / 8 Gb RAM or better / Installed with latest anti-virus software
- DSL internet connection (8 Mbps or better)
- A headset
- An HD webcam (720p/3mp or better)
- A stable supply of electricity
- A professional and quiet working space with good lighting - professional background (behind a plain background wall) / free from any background noise e.g. animals, pets etc.
- $5 USD per hour (Part Time)
- Potentially up to $300 USD/month
About Tokyo Academics:
Tokyo Academics is the passion project of a constellation of teachers, researchers, and academics from around the world. Since 2012, we’ve evolved from a few university friends to a growing number of part-time and full-time individuals located in Tokyo, as well as working remotely. We are an organization of experts deeply passionate about helping students meet their potential and capture the opportunities of the future.
We are looking for a part-time Online Vocabulary tutor to conduct virtual lessons with students preparing for exams. You can work remotely, but must be available during our regular English teaching hours (5PM to 7PM Japan Standard Time).
What you will work on:
- Conduct daily virtual lessons
- Prepare for lessons before the start of each class
- Teach a 30-minute one-on-one class with each student
- Be prepared to accommodate the needs/questions of students during and after class
- Write client-facing progress reports
- Communicate with clients regarding scheduling and class performance
- Must be available from 5pm-7pm (JST)
- Being available for the whole day is a plus but not required
Who we are
TA is the passion project of a constellation of teachers, researchers, and academics in Tokyo, Japan. Since 2012, we’ve evolved from a few university friends tutoring at a tiny restaurant in Tokyo into an organization of academic, test prep, and college admissions experts, helping students to realize and reach their potential and capture the opportunities of the future.
We believe in a world where individuals have the capability to learn anything, the confidence to tackle any challenge, and the community support to reach success.
Our mission is to guide and teach anyone with the desire to learn while establishing and maintaining world-class standards for education and mentorship. We hope that our team not only teaches students but inspires them to push themselves outside of their comfort zone and beyond their limits, and nothing is more exciting to us than seeing our students achieve their goals!