Online Math Teacher - K-12 Certified Math Teacher - Skooli
Online Math Teacher
Skooli (www.skooli.com) is seeking a Certified Math Teachers for a full time position within our Vancouver and Toronto offices to join our exceptional and growing team! We are a fast-paced ed-tech startup focused on connecting students with professional teachers for tutoring and subject support within our online classroom.
We’re on the hunt for a Certified Math Teacher capable and confident across an array of mathematical concepts K-12. This person will be the primary online tutor for students seeking immediate math help on Skooli. The main task for this role is to answer online tutoring requests from students seeking immediate math help to ensure they succeed in the Skooli environment. Outside of tutoring you will lead the creation of math specific resources aligned to specific curriculum.
Our ideal team member is an experienced math teacher who is self-motivated, hard-working, and smart. We are looking for someone to help us grow our user base - a natural who is excited about helping create something awesome!
This is a contract position based out of our Vancouver and Toronto offices, with the opportunity to extend for the right candidate. Salary is competitive and dependent on experience.
- Providing exceptional math education in the Skooli online classroom
- Creating engaging and instructional math resources for the Skooli website
- Responding to messages from students and parents with superhuman speed
- Building strong rapport with students and parents
- Providing support in development of the online classroom and Skooli service
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Certified high school math teacher
- Math teaching at the high school level, with an ability to provide help at the elementary level when required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A genuine interest in education
- Bachelor’s degree in math or related field
- Experience tutoring online previously is an asset
Applications will be accepted via e-mail only. Please send ONE document containing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your email subject line. No mail-in applications or in-person drop-offs will be accepted.
|Vancouver, Toronto, Canada|
|KG, Gr. 1, Gr. 2, Gr. 3, Gr. 4, Gr. 5, Gr. 6, Gr. 7, Gr. 8, Gr. 9, Gr. 10, Gr. 11, Gr. 12|
Qualifications & Requirements
Able to multitask and prioritize while maintaining great attention to detail
Efficient, organized, energetic and self-motivated
Able to bring a positive attitude and a good sense of humour