Physics / General Science Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Have qualified teacher status, certified to teach Physics and General Sciences
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience and training in teaching the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP)
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching DP Physics and/or MYP science
- Have up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to
- Working with, and the protection of, children and young people
- Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Value and respect the views and needs of children and young people
- Flight to Stuttgart from place hired for new colleague and family
- Relocation Package (support in finding a home, getting registered, getting a bank account etc.)
- German course
- Moving Allowance
- Health Insurance: ISS will pay half of the premiums
- Life Insurance (paid by ISS)
ISS is looking to hire a qualified Upper School Physics / General Science Teacher to commence in August 2019. This position is initially for two years.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- model lifelong learning through the integration of technology in the classroom
- evidence the ability to inspire engagement in a differentiated classroom environment
- take on the role of homeroom teacher, if required
For thirty years, the International School of Stuttgart (ISS) has been the only school in the Stuttgart region to offer a truly international education – authorized and accredited by the Council of International Schools, the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and the International Baccalaureate Organization.
Recognized by the state of Baden-WÃ¼rttemberg, ISS offers a diverse and exciting experiential and student-centered curriculum to a co-educational, multi-cultural student body of over 800 students from over 45 countries. We believe that ISS provides the very educational excellence that Stuttgart, home of world renowned and innovative corporate leaders, requires.
From Early Years through grade 12, ISS is a vibrant, student-centered learning community where both subject rigor and character development are fostered, where tradition is valued and innovation embraced and where partnership with parents is a fundamental part of our philosophy.