- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Preschool education
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Experience: 3 or more years of classroom teaching experience (experience with English Language Learners preferred)
- Candidates currently in China are preferred
- Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
- Accommodation: Free housing
- Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking distance to your school
- Airfare Reimbursement: Airfare to China and return flight covered by school (8K-12K rmb for the round-trip flight every year)
- Airport Pickup: Yes
- Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you.
- Health Insurance Provided: Yes
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation
- Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities.
- Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KLIS teachers.
- Holidays: We observe local national holidays and some US holidays.
Position / Role Introduction
The Pre-K teacher is a challenging and rewarding position. Academics of the program are administered by the Dean of Academics, who works directly with the Principal at KLIS to ensure the quality of education. Our teachers are provided a US curriculum as a guide and framework for the academic year, and design daily lesson plans and manage the classroom as they would in a typical US classroom. Students take their coursework in English and classes are led by international teachers.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials, and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, record appropriate records and prepare progress reports
- Instructs students individually and in groups during the instructional time, using various teaching methods such as but not limited to lectures, discussions, demonstrations, presentations, class projects, use of media, technology, current research in instruction, tutorials and other tools that provides for student engagement in the learning process and enables students to achieve learning objectives.
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests, including students with limited English proficiency.
- Experience developing students' linguistic and cognitive abilities through the explicit integration of reading, writing, speaking, and listening into instruction across all content areas and activities.
- Skill in monitoring/assessing performance of students and of yourself to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Assist and coordinate activities and events inside and outside of school
- Organizing and assisting club activities and other student activities
Age of students
- 3-5 years old
KL International School is a private ,co-educational,not-for-profit international school whose mission is to prepare creative,collaborative,and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens,self-sustanining learners and ethical leaders.
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing and our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.