Primary and Secondary Music Teacher - Futian
- Elementary, Middle School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- English, Education, ESL, ELL
- A Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Must possess the required credentials to teach in your home country or state which may include a Bachelor's degree in Education (or a Bachelor’s degree in another area in conjunction with certification through an approved teacher preparation program) and passing scores on state-required tests.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience.
- Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred or a combination of subject matter undergraduate degree with a Master’s in Education.
- Knowledge of Basic Interpersonal Communication Skills (BICS) vs Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency (CALP) is preferred.
- Knowledge of WIDA/LAS Links assessments or other language assessments.
- Expertise in structured English language immersion programs (SIOP) is highly preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children, and be open to new ideas in teaching.
- The salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including global health coverage, housing allowance, retirement benefit, travel allowance, and more.
- Full airfare for employees and accompanying immediate family at the beginning and end of the assignment.
- Furnished housing is provided.
BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for Primary & Secondary School Music Teachers for the 2023 school year!
Our network has continued to grow with BASIS International Schools Park Lane Harbour and Hangzhou opened in 2018, BASIS International School Nanjing in 2019, and our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, in 2020. We continue expanding and growing into new cities and seeking talented educators to grow with us!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a Music Subject Expert Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject-specific lesson plans, which in turn will enable students to think both critically and creatively about the role of music in the human experience, and also as a form of self-expression.
Music teachers lay a foundation for a life-long love of, and appreciation for, music by introducing basic melodic and rhythmic concepts, instrument types and families, vocal posture and breathing, and numerous other topics and skills. Music teachers also have the unique opportunity to collaborate with other Subject Expert Teachers to bring music into history, technology, and other areas to provide further context and enhanced learning for students. Our teachers are encouraged to bring their passion into the classroom and share with students enthusiastically and innovatively to produce extraordinary outcomes.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject-specific lessons in Music.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment, and deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is internationally competitive.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to create interdisciplinary lessons and incorporate music as a part of other areas of knowledge.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.