Primary Math Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the subject area.
- A relevant license, certificate, or registration.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Resilience and a positive attitude.
- Superb interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport and build professional relationships with adolescents.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A growth mindset.
- Experience: 3 or more years of classroom teaching experience (experience with English Language Learners preferred)
- Teaching License/Certification
- Experience with US Common Core in Elementary School
- Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
- Accommodation: Free housing
- Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking distance to your school
- Airfare Reimbursement: Airfare to China and return flight covered by the School
- Airport Pickup: Yes
- Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff is available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you.
- Health Insurance Provided: Yes
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation
- Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities.
- Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KLIS teachers.
- Holidays: We observe local national holidays and some US holidays.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials, and provide individualized and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Teaching mathematics to students from grades 3 to 5
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, record appropriate records and prepare progress reports
- Instructs students individually and in groups during the instructional time, using various teaching methods such as but not limited to lectures, discussions, demonstrations, presentations, class projects, use of media, technology, current research in instruction, tutorials, and other tools that provides for student engagement in the learning process and enables students to achieve learning objectives.
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests, including students with limited English proficiency.
- Experience developing students' linguistic and cognitive abilities through the explicit integration of reading, writing, speaking, and listening into instruction across all content areas and activities.
- Assist and coordinate activities and events inside and outside of the school
- Organizing and assisting club activities and other student activities
KL International School is a private,co-educational, not-for-profit international school whose mission is to prepare creative,collaborative, and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners, and ethical leaders.
Chongqing Nuolin Bashu School for Foreign Personnel (KLIS for short) was established in 2015. It is the first and only American-style independent non-profit international school in the center of Chongqing approved by the Chongqing Municipal Education Commission.
The main enrollment of the school is The target is the accompanying children (non-Chinese nationality) of foreigners who legally hold foreign residence permits in China. The school aims to cultivate students with an innovative spirit, cooperation awareness, and learning quality, and provide students with personalized education and development, so that they can actively respond to the challenges of the changing world and become qualified global citizens and thought leaders.
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing and our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative, and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners, and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.