Primary PYP English Teacher (PCIS) - Bright Scholar Education Group - China
School: Phoenix City International School
Location: Guangzhou, Guangdong
Department: International Primary Section
Reports to: Head of Department and Grade Leader
Suitable for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, self-motivated and reflective professionals with excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
- Provide day-to-day instructional excellence to each student following PYP curriculum
- Ensure the classroom is well-organized for purposeful activity throughout the day
- Implement and model high standards of work practice and review, critically reflecting, and evaluating own practice
- Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning
- Establish clear instructional objectives, utilizing core teaching resources and supplementary materials
- Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture
- Participate in a culture of professional learning
- Work cooperatively with fellow-staff members and administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions
- Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and recommended professional development activities
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department
About Phoenix City International School:
Phoenix City International School (PCIS) was founded in 2003. The main campus is located within a purpose built housing complex which resembles a town. The large housing complex has some of the largest villas in South China and therefore the school is within a wealthy district of Guangzhou. The school is surrounded by large houses, quiet streets and the entrances to Phoenix City are manned by a security force making the community a safe place to live and work. The school and area have developed at a fast pace and has evolved to the school and community that it is today.
The main campus is currently home to the International Primary School, the Bilingual Primary School, the Bilingual High School and the newly formed International High School. The main language of instruction is Chinese but all schools offer a comprehensive English Language Curriculum. The main campus also has a large sports field, a swimming pool, landscaped gardens, outside learning areas, a canteen, electric bike parks and accommodation for staff and some pupils. The school is located near bus stops which can take you to the Traffic Center, Xingtang and Guangzhou. Aside from the main campus, there are several kindergartens within the surrounding areas that are connected to the school and group.
Over the past few years, the school has embarked on a big change. The school is now an accredited International Baccalaureate School. The IB Program aims to provide children with a holistic approach to education. It aims to develop children into successful, life- long learners who are ready to become a member of the future global society. The educational program aims to develop children into inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who are equipped with the necessary skills to be successful in their education and future life.
|Guangzhou, Guangdong , China|
|Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor|
|Gr. 1, Gr. 2, Gr. 3|
|USD 2400 - 2850|
Qualifications & Requirements