- Licensed Teacher
The ideal candidate for this position will be working as a Quest Teacher for a minimum of 3-5 years and a relevant Bachelor Degree or higher degree.
- Medical Insurance
- Annual Airfare
Reports to: Head of Upper School
Dwight School Dubai is putting together a dynamic team of international educators for our new academic year- 19/20, all being committed to providing personalized approaches to learning for global inquirers. Dwight School Dubai opened in September 2018 with students in PreK to Grade 9 and will add on year by year to see our first IB2s as the Graduating Class of 2022. We offer an amazing opportunity to highly motivated internationally minded instructional experts who are interested in contributing to building an outstanding IB school as members of a dynamic, passionate and change orientated Dwight team.
Planning and preparation
- Planning and preparation demonstrate extensive knowledge of content* and pedagogy
- Planning and preparation demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of students and classroom teachers
- Planning and preparation demonstrate high-level instructional approaches
- Planning and preparation demonstrate extensive knowledge of resources
- Planning and preparation demonstrate coherent instructional design
- Planning and preparation demonstrate comprehensive understanding of assessment
The classroom environment
- The teacher creates and maintains an inclusive classroom environment, containing
- The teacher and students establish and sustain a strong culture for learning
- The teacher has a system for managing classroom/meeting procedures
- The teacher has a system for managing student behavior
- The teacher and students effectively organize physical space to maximize learning
- The teacher clearly communicates with students
- The teacher uses questioning and discussion techniques
- The teacher engages students in learning
- The teacher uses formative to guide instruction
- The teacher demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness in instructional (classroom/meeting) settings
- The teacher consistently reflects on teaching
- The teacher consistently maintains accurate records
- The teacher clearly and consistently communicates with families
- The teacher actively participates in the professional (Dwight) community
- The teacher consistently demonstrates professionalism
Dwight’s legacy of innovation and personalized learning dates all the way back to 1872. Right from inception, Dwight has been committed to fostering the next generation of global leaders and ethical citizens who can thrive anywhere in the world.
Part of a global network of Dwight Schools, we bring our long and rich heritage of being a premier international independent school to the UAE.
The Dwight learning journey is designed to prepare students for bright and promising futures by helping them secure admissions to some of the best Ivy League schools, year after year. Our graduates attend the most prestigious universities around the world, including Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, New York University, Vasser, Cornell, McGill University, Waseda University, Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, the University of Edinburgh, and St. Andrews.
Our alumni have left their mark on our world and our visionary leaders have transformed the educational landscape for more than 145 years and continue to do so to this day.