- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- University Graduate
- Educational Psychology
- Other Certification
Educational Requirements & Experience:
- Master's Degree in educational psychology, preferably in Elementary Guidance Counseling, and at least 5 years experience working in a private/public school. Must be able to effectively deal with the public and staff both in person and on the phone.
Compensation package includes:
- Tax-free salary
- Furnished accommodation including utilities
- Unlimited Mobile Internet
- Paid summer vacation
- Economy class round trip ticket
- Medical insurance
- Professional Development
EGA's School Counselor provides psychological services, including testing, counseling and consulting to assist in meeting the social, emotional and educational needs of students in regular and special education programs being serviced by the school; administer and interpret psychological assessments of students, prepare recommendations regarding the evaluation and placement of students; consult with teachers, administrators, specialists, agency and EGA personnel and parents; counsel students; coordinate behavior management programs; and perform related duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be familiar with the EGA's enrollment policies relative to Special Needs students.
- Develop and administer screening tests to identify new students with special needs, and report results to the registrar.
- Serve as a member of the Pre-Referral Team evaluating referred student’s school histories and educational progress. Consult and confer with teachers, administrators and parents regarding relevant social, emotional, behavioral, cultural and cognitive learning factors.
- Complete assessments for students initially referred to special education and identified students requiring re-evaluation.
- Provide written reports analyzing, interpreting and summarizing test results, observations and information from school personnel, students, parents and other agencies. Confer with school personnel, parents and other agencies regarding the content of psychological reports and recommendations therein.
- Serve as a member of the Individual Education Program (IEP) Team and facilitate IEP meetings as required.
- Report results of assessments at IEP meetings.
- Play a key role on the IEP Team in deciding if students qualify for special education services. Guide the IEP Team in the development of appropriate placement, goals and objectives for the service.
- Develop, evaluate, and update the counseling program.
- Pursue continuous professional growth by keeping current with educational developments and literature in the field of school guidance.
- Develop and maintain a library section of pertinent information available to students, parents, and staff.
EGA is a newly established, IB PYP accredited academy which offers an advanced education model in Doha, Qatar; the IB (PYP) in addition to the Qatari Curriculum for the Arabic Language, Islamic and Social Studies. We plan for natural growth up to grade 12 in successive years. EGA began operating in September 2019. Although a young school, the Operator of EGA enjoys over 15 years of experience establishing and managing international schools in the Middle East region.
EGA's education philosophy emphasizes inquiry, stimulates curiosity, and fosters comprehension and creativity. Students at the EGA acquire and practice strong leadership skills and develop a sense of global responsibility.
The school operates out of a purposely built campus that comprises separate buildings for male and female students, one serves kindergarten to grade 9, and one serves G10-12. Total enrollment capacity of the campus is 2000+ students. The land plot size is 60,000 square meters, which is located in the Northside of Doha.
Teaching in Qatar gives teachers insight into life in the Middle East, allows teachers to experience traditional Qatari hospitality, and offers highly competitive salaries. Teachers in Qatar will enjoy an accommodating blend of old-world traditions and modern day amenities - an experience like no other!