School Counselor - Bangkok
- All Levels
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in psychology, social work or counseling.
- Experience (3-5 years) working with middle and high school students in a professional setting
- Possess a strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Curriculum
- Demonstrate the desired school culture by creating a joyful, loving, respectful, safe, and supportive learning environment and instilling a love of learning and an expectation of high academic performance in every student
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction by demonstrating active listening, empathy, problem-solving, follow-through and clear communication
- Have an ability to build and strengthen positive relationships among students, parents, and teachers
- Have an ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Have exemplary organizational skills along with the ability to establish and manage multiple caseloads
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maintain patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Individual must have a willingness to develop and implement a new position/program
- Individual has a background with implementing or developing Social Emotional Learning Programming
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Bangkok is seeking qualified candidates for a School Counselor to start in August 2023!
The School Counselor serves as a resource to the school, focusing on both faculty/staff and parent support to assist with interventions in academic and emotional situations. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for issues relating to the well-being of the students at the school.
- Provide short-term school-based counseling (individual or group setting)
- Facilitate peer mediation and restorative conferences
- Support the development and implementation of the social-emotional learning curriculum across the school
- Offer guidance and strategies to teachers and parents for supporting students with a variety of social and emotional issues, including implementing behavior plans as needed
- Make recommendations for outside support on an as-needed basis
- Prevent, assess, and intervene in crises
- Act as a member of the school crisis management and response team
- Create educational workshops for the school community on an as-needed basis
- Assist the school team in reviewing requests for reasonable accommodations and, if appropriate, contacting their outside support specialists
- Maintain accurate records when communicating with students, parents, and teachers about intervention plans, reasonable accommodations, and progress reports.
- Build positive relationships within the school community
- This role will be working with all students, most of whom are Thai. Thai language mastery and the ability to move between Thai and English, including as a translator, is a must.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.