- University Graduate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- B.Sc. degree in health care plus three years related experience
- Current certification, license as a registered nurse preferably with experience as a school nurse in an international setting
- A valid First Aid and CPR Certificate
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or governing boards.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Furnished accommodation
- Economy Class airfare
- Public Medical Health Insurance
- Transportation with the school bus
- End-of-service gratuity (as per Qatar’s Labor Laws)
- Professional Development
The School Nurse is responsible for providing first aid care for the day to day health care needs of the students and staff of Etqan International School.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide students and staff with first aid care on an as needed basis.
- Serve as a resource to faculty in all matters relating to medical and health issues.
- Maintain current and accurate health records on all students.
- Assess and carry out health screenings to assure students’ progress and development.
- Produce and distribute at least twice each year an emergency medical information sheet to inform classroom teachers of medical issues involving their students.
- Serve as school liaison with parents/local medical facilities in regard to medical emergencies and matters.
- Participate with school staff in the development and delivery of total school health programs, cultural trip, and after school activities.
- Advise principals and staff on health matters, particularly in regard to individual student's health issues and needs
- Prepare and submit various reports as required by the administrative staff.
- Participate in staff in-service and training activities.
- Advise principals in regard to appropriate exclusion and readmission of students in matters of communicable disease.
- To contact parents when their child becomes ill (upon the teacher's request)
- To take the child home or to the hospital when the parent does not have transportation (only if absolutely necessary)
EGA is a newly established academy which offers an advanced education model in Doha, Qatar; an IB (PYP) in addition to the Qatari Curriculum for the Arabic Language, Islamic and Social Studies. We plan for natural growth up to grade 12 in successive years. EGA is anticipated to begin operation in September 2019. Although a young school, the Operator of EGA enjoys over 15 years of experience establishing and managing international schools in the Middle East region.
EGA education philosophy emphasizes inquiry, stimulates curiosity, and fosters comprehension and creativity. Students at the EGA acquire and practice strong leadership skills and develop a sense of global responsibility.
The school operates out of a purposely built campus that comprises separate buildings for male and female students, one serves kindergarten to grade 9, and one serves G10- 12. Total enrollment capacity of the campus is +2000 students. The land plot size is 60,000M2, which is located in the Northside of Doha.
Teaching in Qatar gives teachers insight into life in the Middle East, allows teachers to experience traditional Qatari hospitality, and offers highly competitive salaries. Teachers in Qatar will enjoy an accommodating blend of old-world traditions and modern day amenities - an experience like no other!