School Principal - GEE Sparky's Academy - Saudi Arabia
Reports to: GEE
Summary: Directs the activities of the Academy to provide for the proper instruction and supervision of students in accordance with the stated mission and goals of the Academy, by performing the following duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as the educational leader for the Academy by developing, supervising and evaluating the Academy’s instructional programs and recommending such changes and improvements as may be needed, including the formulation of curriculum objectives and selection, development and revision of curriculum materials
- Reviews all curriculum guides and materials to be distributed among instructional staff, parents, etc.
- Supervises scheduling of the curriculum, facilities, personnel and students
- Plans, develops and supervises testing programs within the Academy to measure the effectiveness of the total educational program
- Assists in the recruitment of qualified personnel. Recommends hiring, placement and transfer of personnel. Supervises orientation and pre-service training of new personnel
- Provides for effective communication and relations between the administration and staff, and for building staff morale. Plans and conducts staff meetings
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of the staff and makes recommendations to the Academy board regarding promotion, transfer and retention of staff
- Supervises the activities of the Assistant Principal in the areas of office management, transportation, facility and maintenance, and personnel administration
- Plays a significant leadership role in fostering professional growth and providing professional assistance to staff as required
- Develops and supervises the implementation of an Academy-wide code of conduct and behavior to ensure the safety, proper discipline and conduct of students at all times
- Plans and carries out an effective guidance and counseling program to meet the goals of the Academy
- Organizes and supervises new pupil registration
- Plans, develops and coordinates Academy-wide system of health services, including scheduling physical examinations of visual, hearing and other health-related concerns
- Establishes effective liaisons with the various offices, agencies and institutions within the community that may provide specialized or professional help to students and their parents
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate student and personnel records, including attendance, grades, etc.
- Ensures adequate communications with parents regarding student performance and conduct, Academy policies and procedures, activities, etc., through report cards, conferences, newsletters, and other means
- Reviews and evaluates Academy programs, facilities and activities to ensure compliance with state and local regulations
- Assists in the development and monitoring of Academy policies and administrative rules and procedures
- Oversees the activities and operation of the Academy’s Parent Organization
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the policies of the Academy Board and applicable law. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising staff performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Academy Board and provides the Academy Board with a Principal’s report at every Academy Board meeting and any others requested by the Academy board
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Academy Board
|Riyadh , Saudi Arabia|
|Preschool/Early Childhood, KG, Gr. 1, Gr. 2, Gr. 3, Gr. 4, Gr. 5, Gr. 6|
Principal Job Benefits
Employee will receive 20 vacation days and paid holidays. In addition, full health, dental and vision is offered. Housing, transportation and travel is covered.
Qualifications & Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Criminal background check required.
Education and Experience:
Degree in educational administration, curriculum and development or related field. Minimum of five years experience in teaching, administration or supervision or such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Academy Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Meet licensure requirements for Saudi Arabai Ministry of Education