- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Chemistry or Biology
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- 2 recommendation letters
- Degree certificate and Transcript, High School diploma and transcript (grades 9, 10,11, and 12) attested by the Ministry of Education from the country of issue, Foreign Affairs Ministry, UAE Embassy
- Police Clearance
- Full-time overseas – hired and locally – hired employees receive a 25% (twenty-five percent) reduction in tuition fee - for up to two dependents for the first year of service and 50% (fifty percent) for each successive year of full-time employment with the school. All other fees must be borne by the employee.
- Medical Insurance - medical insurance provided to visa holder only
A teacher is required to perform the following duties:
- In each case having regard to the curriculum for the school, and promoting the development of the abilities and aptitudes of the students in any class or group assigned to him/her planning and preparing courses and lessons;
- teaching, according to their educational needs, the students assigned to him/her, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students in school and elsewhere;
- assessing, recording, and reporting on the development, progress, and attainment of pupils
- promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students and any class or group of students assigned to him
- providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and their further education and future careers, including information about sources of more expert advice on specific questions; making relevant records and reports;
- making records of and reports on the personal and social needs of students;
- communicating and consulting with the parents of students;
- communicating and cooperating with persons or bodies outside the school; and
- participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above
Assessments and reports:
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports, and references relating to individual students and groups of students:
- Participating in arrangements made by the school policy for the appraisal of his/her performance and that of other teachers;
Review, induction, further training, and development:
- reviewing from time to time his methods of teaching and programs of work; participating in arrangements for his further training and professional development as a teacher, including undertaking training and professional development which aim to meet needs identified in appraisal objectives or appraisal statements;
- in the case of a teacher serving an Induction period under the Induction Regulations, participating in arrangements for his supervision and training
- Advising and co-operating with the Principal and other members of senior management and other teachers (or any one or more of them) on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programs, methods of teaching and assessment, and pastoral arrangements;
Discipline, health, and safety:
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the students and safeguarding their health and safety both when they are authorized to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorized school activities elsewhere;
- Participating in meetings at the school which are related to the curriculum for the school or the administration or organization of the school, including pastoral arrangements,
- Supervising and, so far as practicable, teaching any students whose teacher is not available to teach them:
- except in the case of a teacher employed wholly or mainly to provide such substitution, no teacher shall be required to provide such coverage for more than 100 hours in any school year;
Internal and External Examinations:
- Participating in arrangements for preparing students for internal and/or external examinations, assessing students for such examinations and recording and reporting such assessments; and participating in arrangements for students’ presentation for, and conducting, such examinations.
- contributing to the selection for an appointment and professional development of other teachers and support staff, including the induction and assessment of new teachers and teachers serving induction periods under the Induction Regulations;
- assisting the principal or other administrators in carrying out threshold assessments of other teachers for whom he has management responsibility:
- coordinating or managing the work of other staff; and
- taking such part as may be required of him in the review, development, and management of activities relating to the curriculum, organization, and pastoral functions of the school;
- participating in administrative and organizational tasks relating to such duties as are described above, including the direction or supervision of persons providing support for the teachers in the school; and
- attending and occasionally hosting assemblies, registering the attendance of students, and supervising students, whether these duties are to be performed before, during, or after school sessions.
- A teacher employed full-time shall be available for work for days specified by his employer or, if his employer so directs, by the Principal.
- Such a teacher shall be available to perform such duties at such times and such places as may be specified by the Principal.
To provide western education, to encourage academic excellence and to implement an inclusive learning environment for that includes students of all ability levels. Sharjah American International School (SAIS) is an American Curriculum School that hosts over 25+ different nationalities and cultural backgrounds in the grades K-12.
We strive for excellence and are committed to preparing students both academically and socially. Our aim is to develop creative problem solvers and analytical thinkers that are confident, committed and hard working. SAIS fosters a community of inclusive with its cultural diversity of both staff and students. We are proud to have a diversified learning community where all members work together in harmony, collaboration and respect to achieve common goals; creating a community of understanding that empowers students to be passionate, innovative, and productive citizens in an ever-changing global society while embracing the cultural values of the UAE.
SAIS nurtures students from from KG to 12 have a multiple opportunity to develop both within and outside of the classroom developing each as it is important for every child’s to bring out own unique personality through the guidance and learning of successful Teachers. SAIS have strong excellence in excellent academic standards, providing classes in Mathematics, Sciences, and Information Technology, English and other Religion academic program. SAIS also provides outstanding classes in the Arts and- Performing Visual arts.
We aim is to establish and maintain a community that inspires passion for learning, where students dare to embark on challenging journeys to achieve their visions and to continuously strive to find or to test available opportunities as innovators or future entrepreneurs".