Secondary English Teacher
Horizon Japan International School is accreditated by CIS and Kanagawa Prefecture and authorized to implement IB Diploma Programme. It is currently a candidate school to implement IB PYP and MYP.
HJIS has an outstanding faculty who provide a safe, nurturing environment for students to learn in, foster intellectual rigor and independent thinking, and promote high standards, collegiality and an extremely strong sense of community.
We value candidates who exhibit a passion for teaching, who have experience with students from diverse backgrounds, whose pursuit of professional development is keen and ongoing, and whose academic background and teaching experience are directly relevant to the position.
- Prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
- Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive boards
- Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole-school training events
- Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers
- Supervise and support the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers (NQTs)
- Participate in and organise extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events
- Undergo regular observations and participate in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
|Middle School, High School|
|USD 3000 - 4000|
Qualifications and Requirements
|English Language and Literature|
Teaching in Japan continues to be one of the most popular options for English teachers as well as licensed classroom teachers. One of the world's most technologically advanced countries, Japan also maintains a culture of old-world tradition and appreciation for beauty.
|Yen (¥) / En (円 or 圓) (JPY)|