Secondary Health/Physical Education Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Physical Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Degree in physical education or health
- Minimum of five years of successful teaching and coaching experience
- Experience with organizing large and diverse athletic events
- First Aid, CPR, and AED certification
- Strong leadership, management, interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience overseeing an athletics program budget
- Experience in counseling high performing athletes and preparing them for college sports program placement
- Experience with child protection protocols in school athletics setting
- Demonstrated experience as a trainer of coaches, particularly with regards to conditioning and health/safety expectations.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, based on qualifications and experience:
- International health insurance
- Mongolian visa and work permit
- Free tuition for applicable candidates who come with dependents
- Shipping allowance
- Settling-in advance payment
- Teaches Health/PE courses
- Oversees the secondary school HPE program
- Supervises and coordinates athletic events
- Manages the athletic department budget and oversees the selection and professional development of coaches
- Works in collaboration with sports conference or division athletic administrators
The American School of Ulaanbaatar (ASU) is an international school founded in 2006. We are a private school with an international accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), based in California, USA. Our student population is about 85% Mongolian, but the remainder is comprised of students from more than 20 different countries.
School location: Zaisan Area, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Year that ASU was founded: 2006
Number of students enrolled that first year: 160
Enrollment for 2019-2020: 650
Managing Director of the school: Ms. Oyunsuren Dugarjav
Elementary School Principal: Dr. Cheryl Peterson
Secondary School Principal: Dr. Roger Dutcher
Full time faculty: 94
Teaching assistants: 11
Sports Team Name: Wolves
To be a community that encourages academic, physical, and creative development, fosters a passion for learning, and inspires intellectual curiosity.
We empower our students to acquire and embrace knowledge, be intellectually reflective, be caring and ethical citizens, and lead a lifetime of meaningful work. ASU prepares students through rigorous, student-driven academic and co-curricular programs to succeed in English speaking colleges and universities and to contribute to a rapidly changing global society.
Teaching in Mongolia is an opportunity for licensed educators to teach overseas in a country that boasts a rugged landscape and a fascinating culture rooted in ancient traditions.