Secondary School Assistant Principal - Pastoral
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 9 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Professional Staff Qualifications (Master’s Degree in Education preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of successful classroom teaching
- Strong analytical skills to examine student pastoral need and requirement for disciplinary support and make recommendations for improvement in disciplinary and pastoral systems and processes
- Extensive knowledge of disciplinary systems which focus on the development of student capacity and agency and are founded in the construct of student dignity which lies at the heart of the school’s disciplinary philosophy
- Proficient technology skills - EMS Doha is a Google school
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Creativity – able to think of new ways to engage students
- Join a vibrant learning community
- Furnished housing or housing allowance provided
- Return airfare for Assistant Principal and family
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Settling-in Allowance
- Baggage Allowance
- A leading Gooogle school
- Access to SUNY Masters program
- Cambridge PDQ courses are offered on site
The Assistant Principal (Pastoral) main responsibility is to oversee the Secondary school’s student cohort and secure the highest pastoral outcomes. EMS understands discipline, pastoral support and student leadership as outcomes that occur on a continuum. The Assistant Principal (Pastoral) is directly responsible to the Secondary Principal and Head of School and is expected to develop disciplinary, pastoral and student leadership techniques, structures, processes and materials and coordinate their implementation with teachers and assess the effectiveness of implementation so as to produce optimal student welfare in the Secondary School.
Central to this undertaking will be the development of a robust House System as a key point of student attachment and pastoral mechanism.
Established in 1991, The English Modern School in Doha is a private, proprietary international school and is one of the Divisions of The Al-Muftah Group of Companies. The school is licensed by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MOEHE) under the Private Education Sector, is a member of The Council of International Schools (CIS), is an authorized centre for The Cambridge University International Exams and Edexcel International, and achieved accreditation with both QNSA (Qatar National Standards of Accreditation) and NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges).
The school follows the Cambridge University International Curriculum in its Primary and Secondary School Programs. In the Primary School, the Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIPP) is followed in year 1 through 6. The Secondary School follows the Cambridge International Lower Secondary School Curriculum in our Middle School (years 7 through 9) and the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and Advanced Subsidiary (AS) curricula for years 10 through 12. The CIPP Exam in English, Math and Science is administered at the end of Year 6 and the Checkpoints Exam in English, Math and Science is administered at the end of Year 9.
The language of instruction is English and the teachers use the Readers and Writers Workshop model to focus on literacy, as well as to differentiate in the classroom. Instruction is student-centered, which encourages the development of problem solving and critical thinking skills. There is also an emphasis placed on Arabic, Islamic Studies and Qatari History, as required by the MOEHE. The School serves a population of over 40 nationalities and employs a qualified internationally diverse faculty, trained in instructional best practice.