Secondary School Math Teacher - LOCSS - BC Offshore School - China
LOCSS is the only British Columbia Offshore School in Central China. It is certified to offer the BC program from Grade 10 through to Grade 12 Graduation. We also enroll a Foundations Year for students who are almost ready for Grade 10; however, require an extra year of English to promote maximum success. Our first graduation class of 42 students received their BC Graduation Dogwood Certificate. Of our 42 Graduates, 34 are attending the University of Toronto or the University of Alberta. The other graduates attended Canadian and International Universities. We enroll 160 students for 2018 - 2019.
Construction is completed for a new school building for our LOCSS BC Program. The new building is built on our current school campus, it will be ready for September, 2018. We are currently housed within a private Chinese school of 3,500 students (Grade 7 – 12), with excellent facilities.
We are an exciting school creating traditions as we grow in Lanzhou, Gansu, China.
We are located along the famous Silk Road, and the well known Yellow River.
Lanzhou is located in the centre of China, in the heart of China.
Our school is inspected and annually Certified by British Columbia Ministry of Education Inspectors
All BC academic courses meet the credit requirements of the BC Graduation Program, and are fully taught in English. The BC Graduation Program is recognized as one of the top educational programs in the world.
All BC academic courses are taught by Certified Teachers, living and working at our school in Lanzhou, Gansu, China. We welcome newly graduated student-teachers and teachers with extensive experience.
Our school was established in 2013 and accredited by the Government of British Columbia in 2014. Our high school operates on a large campus, with western styled classrooms (projectors and whiteboards), labs and special purpose teaching areas, library, cafeteria, and dormitories.
Our students are enthusiastic, successful, happy and cooperative. Their post-graduation objective is to be accepted as a student at a major Canadian or US University.
We are looking for passionate Certified teachers to be a continuing part of creating student success, and long lasting traditions in our five year old school, in our brand new school building in 2018!
Teacher Salary & Benefits
- A competitive starting salary includes bonuses for returning each September, following your first year at LOCSS. Salary depends on academic background and experience.
- Annual Salaries start at $ 53,000 CAD + Canadian and increase much higher, depending on experience and background
- Return airfare allowance
- Medical insurance in China included
- Free, furnished brand new and modern 2 bedroom apartment, teacher pays only for utilities. Email access provided free
- LOCSS is in session from the first week of September to end of June
- There is a 5 week paid vacation to celebrate the Chinese New Year in January/February
- A travel bonus of $500 CAD is provided to each teacher for travel during the Chinese New Year vacation period
- In October, a 3 day LOCSS BC Teacher vacation/field trip to the Gobi Desert is arranged every second year – accommodation, travel and food arel paid by the school
- School owned laptop for use while a teacher at LOCSS
- Annual salary increase
If you are a passionate and knowledgeable Certified teacher, care about your students success and will make a positive difference in their education and are interested in joining a staff of energetic and caring professionals, and you have a sense of humor, please contact me as soon as possible!!
Opportunity knocks, will you answer ??
|Lanzhou , China|
|1 Academic Year (may be extended)|
|Gr. 10, Gr. 11, Gr. 12|
|USD 4000 - 5000|
Qualifications & Requirements
New and experienced teachers welcome
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|