Senior High Computer Science Teacher (NXCGS)
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Education preferred / Computer Science major required)
- TEFL/TESOL 100+ hours certification minimum (CELTA/DELTA/PGCE/QTS preferred)
- A good grasp of the methodology of teaching Computer Science curriculum is required, with IGCSE, A-level, AP and/-or IB-DP Computer Science teaching experience preferred
- Have an understanding and ability to teach pupils of all abilities
- Previous experience in an international school preferred
- Must be able to obtain a cleared background check
- Salary (ex. benefits) – 16,000-22,000RMB/month (pre-tax)
- Working Hours – Monday-Friday (8:30-12:00 / 14:00-17:30)
- Teaching Hours – Up to 20 hours/week
- Accommodation – Furnished apartment provided
- Food – 3 paid meals a day
- Flight Reimbursement – Up to 10,800RMB (split into 2 payments)
- Visa – Work permit, residence permit and medical check-up fees assistance and reimbursement
- Insurance – Health and accident insurance
- Paid Leave – National holidays + winter and/-or summer holidays
- Undertake a designated program of teaching and schemes of work for Computer Science across all key stages
- Teach consistently high quality lessons
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in Computer Science
- Prioritize and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with role
- Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions
- Establish clear instructional objectives, making use of core teaching resources and materials
- Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards
- Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture
- Work cooperatively with colleagues/administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions
- Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and recommended professional development activities
- Contribute to afterschool activities on a regular basis
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
About Ningxiang Country Garden School:
Ningxiang Country Garden School is located in Xiangjiang New District, west of Changsha city, nearby Yuelu Mountain and Weishui River. It is about a 40-minutes’ ride to Changsha City and one hour’s ride to Changsha Railway Station and Huanghua Airport. A big shopping mall ‘Times Outlets’ is nearby the school.
The school is a modern school and its main features combine international education, English teaching, character education and personal growth. The school opened in September of 2014 three years after its initial conception and is operated by the Bright Scholar Education Group.
It is a boarding school from kindergarten through to senior high school. The facilities comprise more than 100,000 square meters. It contains modern facilities and a campus with Wifi coverage, climate control and numerous multi-functional buildings including a gymnasium, a theater, laboratories and dormitories.
The school was founded on the principles of Country Garden’s success for the past 20 years and reflects its continuing commitment to education. It benefits from China’s educational traditions while implementing advanced international ideas. The kindergarten carries out the IB-PYP programme to lead children to explore the unknown world, to love their lives and to grow happily. The primary and junior high schools implement national compulsory education and introduce the UOI and AOI activities of IB programmes to help students create a cohesive knowledge system while cultivating their spirits of exploration and comprehensive practical abilities. The senior high school has initiated international courses such as the IGCSE, A-Level and IFY to qualify students for admission to top universities around the globe.
The school insists on the advancement of students’ character as the root of education, and strives to develop students’ learning capacity, bilingual ability, personal potential and creativity. It provides a holistic education designed to benefit students’ total human development. The school delivers small class-sized teaching with an average of 25 children in kindergarten, the maximum of 36 students in primary school and junior high school, and the maximum of 25 students in senior high school to enable more individual care for each child.
About Bright Scholar Education Group:
Bright Scholar Education Group is a NYSE-listed (ticker: BEDU) education group based out of Foshan, China. Bright Scholar operates in 8 Chinese provinces and the 2 municipalities of Beijing and Shanghai and covers a diverse portfolio of business areas including K-12 international and bilingual education, training education and education technology. Currently, Bright Scholar employs over 6,000 domestic and international staff and caters to more than 30,000 students. Bright Scholar international schools offer numerous international curricula including IB (PYP, MYP and DP), Cambridge IGCSE and A-levels, AP Program, and IFY programmes.