Senior High Geography Teacher (CGSBS) - Bright Scholar Education Group - China
School: Country Garden Silver Beach School
Location: Huidong, Huizhou, Guangdong
Department: International Senior High
Reports to: Head of Department
Responsible for: Using lesson plans, individual instruction, classroom presentations and group projects to provide students with an understanding of the fundamental concepts of geography.
- Undertake a designated program of teaching and schemes of work for geography across all key stages
- Teach consistently high quality lessons
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in geography
- Prioritize and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with role
- Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions
- Establish clear instructional objectives, making use of core teaching resources and materials
- Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards
- Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture
- Work cooperatively with colleagues/administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions
- Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and recommended professional development activities
- Contribute to afterschool activities on a regular basis
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
About Country Garden Silver Beach School:
Country Garden Silver Beach School, is located in a 4-star tourist area called Silver Beach, in Huidong District, Huizhou, Guangdong Province, about an hour away from Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
September, 2015 was the first academic year of the school, and there are currently around 700 students enrolled with a total capacity of over 3,500 students in kindergarten, primary, middle school and high school. The school offers a number of curricula options for its students alongside the Chinese curriculum, including bilingual and international IB programmes (PYP/MYP). The high school offers A Level, DP and AP curriculum.
The school has a size of 133,333 square meters (excluding kindergarten), and the teaching facilities consist of spacious and well-ventilated classrooms, multi-functional teaching grounds and laboratories, equipped with modern communications technology, a geography lab, and a biology lab; each classroom is furnished with multi-media networks.
Sports and arts facilities are comprehensive with a purpose built stadium, 200-meter and 400-meter sports grounds with AstroTurf and rubberized running tracks, a constant-temperature swimming pool and standard pool; libraries for primary school and high school, electronic reading rooms, piano studios, lecture hall and theater. Medical facilities are excellent with a stand-alone medical center that performs regular health checkups and inspections and the school is also equipped with its own ambulance vehicle.
|Huizhou, Guangdong , China|
|Gr. 9, Gr. 10, Gr. 11|
|USD 2830 - 3460|
Qualifications & Requirements