Senior High History Teacher (CGSBS) - Bright Scholar Education Group - China
School: Country Garden Silver Beach School
Location: Huidong, Huizhou, Guangdong
Department: International Senior High
Reports to: Head of Department
Responsible for: Educating students as they learn about changes throughout various regions of the world. History teachers should be able to engage students as they present information through multiple modes and bring history to life for their students.
- To undertake a designated program of teaching across all key stages
- Teach consistently high quality lessons
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in history
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions
- Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture
- Participate in a culture of professional learning
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions
- Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and recommended professional development activities
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
About Country Garden Silver Beach School:
Country Garden Silver Beach School, is located in a 4-star tourist area called Silver Beach, in Huidong District, Huizhou, Guangdong Province, about an hour away from Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
September, 2015 was the first academic year of the school, and there are currently around 700 students enrolled with a total capacity of over 3,500 students in kindergarten, primary, middle school and high school. The school offers a number of curricula options for its students alongside the Chinese curriculum, including bilingual and international IB programmes (PYP/MYP). The high school offers A Level, DP and AP curriculum.
The school has a size of 133,333 square meters (excluding kindergarten), and the teaching facilities consist of spacious and well-ventilated classrooms, multi-functional teaching grounds and laboratories, equipped with modern communications technology, a geography lab, and a biology lab; each classroom is furnished with multi-media networks.
Sports and arts facilities are comprehensive with a purpose built stadium, 200-meter and 400-meter sports grounds with AstroTurf and rubberized running tracks, a constant-temperature swimming pool and standard pool; libraries for primary school and high school, electronic reading rooms, piano studios, lecture hall and theater. Medical facilities are excellent with a stand-alone medical center that performs regular health checkups and inspections and the school is also equipped with its own ambulance vehicle.
|Huizhou, Guangdong , China|
|Gr. 9, Gr. 10, Gr. 11|
|USD 2830 - 3460|
Qualifications & Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|