Speech & Debate Teacher - Guangzhou
- Middle School, High School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Ability to successfully pass a background clearance
- Teaching/coaching experience in individual Events and Debate is required
- Minimum two years experience as a lead teacher is required
- Demonstrated high achieving results at the state and national level in the activity
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence
- Must be open to new ideas in teaching
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, retirement benefit, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Guangzhou is seeking qualified candidates for Upper School Speech & Debate / Middle School Logic Teacher for the 2021-22 school year!
Speech & Debate teachers plan and implement both a Logic and Speech & Debate curriculum to prepare students in grades 7 - 12 to reach their maximum potential in public speaking and competitive forensics, in accordance with the educational philosophy of BASIS International Schools.
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Logic for middle school-aged students.
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Speech & Debate for upper school-aged students.
- Manage a competitive Speech & Debate Program:
- Prepare students across three genres (debate, limited preparation, and public speaking) for competitive success in forensic tournaments at the regional and international levels.
- Manage registration, payment, and billing of all tournaments.
- Traditional tournament environment--work with administration to book flights, hotels, transportation, etc.
- Online tournament environment--work with administration to organize resources and filming/streaming of competition.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge (math, sciences, fine arts, history, engineering, and more) and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
Our seven BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. Future locations planned include Beijing, Chengdu, and Shanghai, China.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.