STEM Elementary Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Elementary Science/Math
Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- STEM Teacher: Be a fully qualified and experienced teacher with a Bachelor in Education majoring in Science (preferably Masters degree), and completed on campus (no distant education degrees)
- IB experience is a plus
- Individual furnished accommodation
- Monthly utilities allowance QR200 if not covered under the accommodation lease agreement
- Airfare covered from your home country to Doha upon employment
- Annual summer vacation with economy airfare to your home country
- Public Medical Health Insurance
- Transportation with the school bus
- Authentication and residency permit fees
- End-of-service gratuity (as per Qatar’s Labor Law)
- Professional Development
Etqan Global Academy (EGA) opened in August 2019 as an IB Candidacy school embracing the Canadian Curriculum of Ontario. In August 2020 we will be expanding our grades from Pre-KG to upper Elementary. Our teaching staff comes primarily from native English-speaking regions. We have established a welcoming and caring environment that focuses on moving every child to their potential.
We are seeking a certified STEM teacher to join us in August 2020.
- Deliver STEM-oriented instruction through project-based learning methods. 2. Attends professional development and training related to STEM programs and methodologies, staying abreast of current research
- Works directly with school administrators and staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of STEM initiatives and curriculum
- Organizes, develops, and coordinates special STEM events/activities
- Coaches teachers on STEM initiatives and instructional best practices in the STEM areas
- Serves as liaison to prospective or selected STEM vendors, to determine the best resources, options, and innovations that will optimize the learning experience for students and staff
- Initiates new programs that support the STEM vision
- Shares STEM events and activities through social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
EGA is a newly established academy which offers an advanced education model in Doha, Qatar; an IB (PYP) in addition to the Qatari Curriculum for the Arabic Language, Islamic and Social Studies. We plan for natural growth up to grade 12 in successive years. EGA is anticipated to begin operation in September 2019. Although a young school, the Operator of EGA enjoys over 15 years of experience establishing and managing international schools in the Middle East region.
EGA education philosophy emphasizes inquiry, stimulates curiosity, and fosters comprehension and creativity. Students at the EGA acquire and practice strong leadership skills and develop a sense of global responsibility.
The school operates out of a purposely built campus that comprises separate buildings for male and female students, one serves kindergarten to grade 9, and one serves G10- 12. Total enrollment capacity of the campus is +2000 students. The land plot size is 60,000M2, which is located in the Northside of Doha.