Teacher of Physics - Al Mizhar American Academy - Dubai
The Taaleem teacher embodies, radiates and transmits the unique Taaleem ethos of excellence, innovation, creativity and compassion. Through inspirational teaching, with a deep understanding of students’ individual learning needs, the Taaleem teacher strives to ensure that our distinctive curriculum programmes lay firm foundations for academic and professional success, personal and spiritual fulfilment and a love of lifelong learning in each and every one of our students. Taaleem Teachers inspire young minds.
Key Relationships (Internal and External):
- Students, colleagues, parents and the Head of School
- Representing areas of knowledge, understanding and skills, in all their richness, to students taught
- Inculcating by precept and example the highest regard for truth, justice, equality of opportunity, human rights, benevolence and compassion
- Engaging and motivating students to achieve at levels that are beyond their expectations and previous limits
- Using excellent subject knowledge, pedagogic and interpersonal skills to enthuse students and enable students to enjoy learning
- Making full use of ICT and the new technologies to enhance the quality of teaching and learning for students of all ages and attainment levels
- Planning lessons taking full account of students’ individual learning needs, as well as their individual learning styles, preferences and capabilities
- Encouraging and enabling all students to become effective, confident and independent life-long learners
- Maintaining excellent professional relationships with colleagues by making a wider professional contribution to the continuing improvement of the school
- Planning and delivery of a programme of learning opportunities and activities to enrich and enhance the taught curriculum
- Co-operating with colleagues to establish and maintain fair and consistent disciplinary practices in the classroom, around the school and on school trips, and taking active measures to protect students from all forms of abuse, including racist or sexist abuse, bullying, and any kind of corporal punishment
- Communicate open and professionally with parents on a regular basis about the attainment and progress of their child
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality when speaking to parents and external parties.
- Model good practice of academic honesty
- Contribute actively to department discussions in meeting
- Contribute to and plan after-school activities as required
- Actively support the school partnership with the community e.g. attending school / community events which may occasionally occur at weekends or in the evening i.e. school concerts etc.
- Other responsibilities as reasonably requested
- Plan and prepare schemes of work and complete planning documentation
- Teach with consistent effectiveness the students in her/his classes, taking full account of all students’ individual educational needs
- Set and mark work to be carried out by the students in school, at home and elsewhere as appropriate
- Promote the intellectual, moral, spiritual, cultural, physical and personal abilities and aptitudes of the students in her/his classes and provide guidance and advice to students on educational and relevant social and other matters
- Make records of and reports on the personal and social needs of students
Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of the students in her/his classes
- Provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students
- Guide students to set targets to improve on their previous ‘best’
Continuing Professional Development
- Keep under review her/his methods of teaching and programmes of work
- Participate in arrangements for her/his further training and professional development as a teacher
- Advise and co-operate with the Principal and other colleagues on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching schemes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements
- Take responsibility for specific subjects
- To embed UAE heritage and culture within the curriculum
|Dubai , United Arab Emirates|
We are committed to developing our staff and run regular professional development workshops to ensure our teachers are equipped to provide students with the best possibly educational experience.
Taaleem provides excellent, high quality purpose built accommodation for teaching staff equipped with gym, pool and all amenities. We offer an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance, free child places within selected schools and an annual flight allowance along with great corporate discounts with many service providers in Dubai.
Qualifications & Requirements
What do we look for?
Due to KHDA regulations, we require our teachers to have one of the following:
· Bachelors of Education or recognised teaching license, for specialist subjects we require a degree in the subject area that you teach
Education: A recognized teaching qualification (i.e. Qualified Teacher Status)
Experience: At least two years teaching experience
Aside from your qualifications, personality is very important, we look for inspirational teachers who leave a lasting impression on students for years to follow. If you’re able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning, with a passionate, enthusiastic, creative and dynamic attitude then we want to hear from you!
About United Arab Emirates
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.
|Hot desert climate|