Vice Principal - Pastoral - Aldar Education
- Licensed Teacher
- 8 years of teaching experience
• Bachelor of Education or 1st degree + PGCE (as per ADEK criteria)
• A Master’s degree, or NPQML or NPQSL qualification is desirable but not essential
• As per ADEK 8 years of educational experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership role
• Experience in working with parents and external agencies
• Experience in working with children with a variety of special educational needs
To be discussed during the interview.
Description - External
Aldar Education is currently seeking an outstanding Vice Principal - Pastoral for Al Rayana Charter School in Abu Dhabi for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Al Rayana Charter School is an American curriculum, mixed-gender primary school located in a state-of-the-art building in the heart of Abu Dhabi. We strive for excellence in all that we do through our high expectations and commitment to ensuring that we provide high-quality learning opportunities for our students. Our vision is to create “A sustainable and innovative learning community, where we nurture our learners through Collaboration, Leadership, and Creativity”. This vision is supported by the Al Rayana Learner and Teacher DNA which is at the heart of the school community.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group. The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• To lead on behavior, attendance, and punctuality and ensure appropriate, updated, policies are in place
• To lead on key stage transitions and the development of student leadership and student's voice,
• To lead safeguarding and fulfill the role of Child Protection Officer.
• To have a strong knowledge of child protection procedures and an understanding of the need for compliance with these procedures.
• To work alongside the school Head of Inclusion and Inclusion team and the School Counsellor.
• To work alongside the Aldar Education Inclusion team and be an active participant in relevant Aldar Education network groups.
• To oversee CA provision within the school and facilitate a relevant program of CA training
• To facilitate the introduction of a house system.
• To develop and embed the implementation of the Behaviour policy across ABO
• To liaise with all ABO stakeholders and relevant external bodies to ensure the welfare of students is maintained to the highest standard.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to present effectively to a range of audiences
• DSL Training is desirable but not essential
• Experience of working successfully with partners in the local community is desirable but not essential
• Sound knowledge of policies and developments in SEN education is desirable but not essential
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.