Deaf / Hard-of-Hearing Education Teachers - Matanuska–Susitna Borough School
- Experience in early education/elementary education
- American Sign Language (ASL) fluency preferred
- Strong auditory/oral skills
- Specific knowledge/experience working with cochlear implant students and hearing aids
- Ability to provide training for staff and/or parents in auditory skills preferred
- To promote positive public relations and meet compliance standards advocated through the Student Support Services Department
|Palmer , Alaska|
|185 days/year, Summers off|
|KG, Gr. 1, Gr. 2, Gr. 3, Gr. 4, Gr. 5|
|USD 3899 - 5610|
MSBSD offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Each Certified Teacher receives 4 paid personal leave days at the beginning of the year and accrues 1.33 sick leave days each month of employment.
MSBSD is a member of the State of Alaska Teachers Retirement System.
Qualifications & Requirements
Must be eligible to receive an Alaska Type A Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Deaf and/or Special Ed