Academic Vice Principals
- All Levels
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Educational Leadership Credential/License, Leadership experience at large schools (400+ students) and public schools is preferred.
- All applicants must have either 5 years of experience as a Vice Principal, or 3 years of experience as a Principal as well as a Master's degree.
- Accommodation Type: Provided
- Accommodation provided for teacher and dependents
- Vacation: Mid-July to mid-August; all national holidays
- Airport Pickup: Provided
- Airfare Reimbursement: Full
- Health Insurance: Provided
- Furniture Allowance: Provided
- Bonus: End of contract bonus (1 month salary per year)
Teach abroad in the UAE! Teach Away is now interviewing experienced Principals and Vice Principals for positions with the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC), Abu Dhabi's public school system.
As the Emirate of Abu Dhabi undergoes substantial education reform, Academic Vice Principals (AVPs) are required to support Emirati Principals as well as school staff and management teams while also helping to oversee school operations. ADEC AVPs will assist with improving student achievement, professional development of staff, and monitoring school performance.
Candidates for these AVP jobs should have excellent leadership and communication skills, must be flexible, adaptable, and culturally sensitive, and should be highly motivated in order to meet the challenges of this large-scale reform. All applicants must have either 5 years of experience as a Vice Principal, or 3 years of experience as a Principal as well as a Master's degree.
ADEC schools are located throughout the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This includes the cosmopolitan island city of Abu Dhabi, which is situated just off the mainland of the UAE and the vast coastline of the Arabian Gulf; the oasis “Garden City” of Al Ain, right on the Oman border and a short drive to both Abu Dhabi city and Dubai; and Al Dhafra which offers a peaceful desert atmosphere and the most culturally immersive environment. Throughout the Emirate one can expect a year-round hot and almost perpetually sunny environment.