- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- BA degree in ECE, CD, or related field
- Teaching Credential/License
- Minimum 12 units in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or an Associate Teacher Permit (or higher) preferred*
- At least 6 months – 1 year of experience working with children in a licensed setting preferred
- Ability to clear fingerprints/background check
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, paid sick time, and paid holidays (benefits may vary based on part-time or full-time status).
- Full-time, part-time, and substitute teaching positions available
- Ability to work with different age groups
- Discounted childcare
- Be constantly in a learning and growth process with training and professional growth advisory
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Catalyst Family center teaching staff support the planning and implementation of Catalyst’s program for children ranging in age from toddlers, pre-school, kinder, and school age, depending on the site. Catalyst Teachers must be able to facilitate a variety of age-appropriate activities, support children's social-emotional development, and ensure all children are supervised at all times in a healthy and safe environment.
- Create and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum directly connected to the interests and development of children and youth, supported by learning frameworks and foundations that promote positive child/youth development
- Keep children/youth healthy and safe by connecting proper supervision, positive interactions, healthy habits, and compliance
- Create, implement and maintain intentional, enriched, and supportive learning environments connected to curriculum and quality experiences that are appropriate for all children
- Provide excellent customer service by establishing and maintaining authentic connections and reciprocal, culturally responsive relationships with children, youth, families, schools, communities, and center/classroom team
- Work collaboratively with each other connecting workplace values, education, and experience to provide the highest quality programs and creative workplaces
Location: Various locations throughout California.
Catalyst Kids operates over 160 centers throughout the State of California, serving over 20,000 children. We partner with thirty-four school districts to provide before and after school programs, preschool, and camps. Our centers are licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, the agency charged with health and safety reviews of child care centers. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, Catalyst Kids has regional offices in Morgan Hill, Sacramento, Irvine, and Oxnard, CA. At Catalyst, we believe in providing responsive services for communities, families, and children. We have created enriching, engaging, and exciting child-centered programming for nearly 50 years. We view each day as an opportunity to inspire brilliance and make a positive impact within our communities. Catalyst Kids has regional offices in Morgan Hill, Sacramento, Irvine, and Oxnard, CA.
Our infant through school-age programs are built on the following beliefs:All children are competent learners. Each child is encouraged to imagine, learn and grow through hands-on, active experiences. Through this discovery, children develop deeper connections to their families and community which creates a foundation for learning through life. Knowledgeable and responsive staff believe learning happens best through authentic and positive relationships with children. We guide children’s development based on their interests and strengths, as well as group experiences where they can creatively explore and discover together. Trusting relationships between our families and staff are the cornerstone of our program. Together we promote a safe and nurturing environment that supports each child’s emerging abilities and sense of self. Reciprocal relationships with community-based organizations and school districts result in cohesive services for children and families. We work together to identify the goals and needs of the community and strive to provide optimal support.