High School Mathematics Teacher
- High School
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor, Vocational/Technical Instructor
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- Mathematics Experience
- Fluent English Speaker
- Studied for a Mathematics related degree
- Experience working in multicultural and multilingual settings is desirable
- £1100 per month salary
- Salary paid via PAYE system (UK residents only)
- All school holidays and bank holidays as paid leave (Minimum of 8 weeks per year)
- Arrangement and payment of visa documentation
- Shared car
- Medical cover
- House cleaning service
- Access to chauffeur service
- End-of-Year Bonus
Friday: 7:30-15:00 (for at least 50% of working Fridays, the end of the day is 12:30)
Teaching hours per week:
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- To deliver the Pearson GCSE Maths curriculum to foundation-level GCSE students (all lesson plans provided).
- To assess, record, and report on the development of the students in the class, in conjunction with our academic administrators and the SLT
- To work as a part of the upper school team and carry out essential administrative duties as required by the SLT
- To maintain a stimulating and positive learning environment
- To set expectations for students using clear and constructive feedback
- To deploy teaching assistants effectively to support the learning process
Wider School Responsibilities:
- Participate in appropriate meetings with parents and colleagues
- Promote proper safeguarding practices and care for the health and safety of students
- Contribute to the development of policy and the growth of the school
- To host 1, 45-minute after-school club per week
- To carry out a share of supervisory duties as per published rotas
The British School of Madagascar is a fast-growing learning community situated in the heart of the bustling capital Antananarivo. We opened our doors in September 2014 with 20 students and 1 school building and now boast over 200 students and 4 school buildings, covering education from 2 to 18 years old.
We are a part of the small, but growing British population in Madagascar and ensure that all our teachers are well-integrated to create a strong community feeling.
Our philosophy is based on equipping students with the necessary skills to become independent-thinking global citizens of the future. We focus on a child-centred approach, where we immerse students in the English language and British culture.
Our mission is to fulfill the potential of each child by allowing them to learn through the world-beating English curriculum and our varied and engaging extra-curricular program.
In Madagascar, we stand alone in offering our unique curriculum that promotes excellence and the holistic development of all our students.