HS Science Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
Qualifications and requirements
- Has a Bachelor's Degree in education.
- Has a valid Teaching Certificate.
- Has at least two years of teaching experience
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with foreign and national students with sensitivity to unique and multicultural perspectives and thoughts.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, execute, and evaluate in the classroom setting.
- AP preferred. For the right candidate, schools will pay for teachers to get AP certified in their home country before arriving in China.
- Character references required (e.g. pastoral reference)
- Health Insurance
- Pre-field and on-field cultural training
- Monthly Salary
- Tuition for Children
- Eligibility for paid Master's degree program when a second (2 years) contract is signed
- Language Tutoring
Responsible for providing overall leadership in their classroom. This leadership involves planning, executing, and evaluating all programs necessary to fulfill the school's learning expectations for the students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the following regarding curriculum and instruction.
- Develops weekly lesson plans with a view toward accomplishing student learner outcomes, course objectives, and standards and benchmarks as stated in curricular documents.
- Maintains proper classroom discipline, taking care of minor problems personally and referring major problems to the principal.
- Develops a positive, nurturing class environment.
- Implements instructional technology, audio-visual materials, class projects and other methods that enhance learning.
- Adapts strategies for working with second language learners (especially SIOP strategies).
- Uses differentiation to work toward meeting the needs of the students in the class including students with learning differences.
- Assigns homework that supports learning and that is within the expectations and goals of the school.
- Attends and participates in teacher's meetings, some evening programs if involving his or her students, annual teacher's conference, and other meetings as assigned in the teacher’s handbook.
- Holds help classes after school as needed.
- Completes paperwork including the following:
- Beginning, mid-year, and end of the year goal forms.
- Mid-quarter grade reports 4 times per year (Elementary through HS).
- Report cards 4 times per year.
- Inventories of classroom equipment/ supplies/books.
- End-of-year debriefing evaluation form.
- Administration of achievement tests as assigned or required.
- Accreditation paperwork.
- Other paperwork as assigned or requested.
- Cleans or repairs building or classroom:
- Tends to the overall appearance of the classroom.
- Assists in overall cleanliness and maintenance of facilities.
- Promptly reports repair needs to the administration.
- Completes end of the year cleaning of the classroom area.
- Plans parties at designated holidays (elementary).
- Is available to parents or students who wish to have a conference during or after school.
- Is prepared for twice-yearly conferences with parents of each student
- ECC – Required fall home visits, optional spring conferences
- Elementary – Required fall conferences, optional spring conferences
- Middle School – Required fall student led conferences, optional spring student led conferences
- High School – Conferences as desired by teacher or parent
- Students on Action Plans – Teachers who work with that child must attend the annual conference
- Supervises extracurricular activities, organizations, outings as assigned in the teacher’s handbook. This includes fall camp and spring trip for secondary.
- Oversees or participates in assemblies as referred to in teacher’s handbook or as mentioned in a teacher’s specific job requirements.
- Takes part in the yearly professional development program as assigned in the annual professional development plan.
- Serves on committees, such as those for accreditation or curriculum review, as requested or assigned.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
A leading international school in Yantai.
A dynamic community of students, teachers, and parents committed to learning and growing – building a solid foundation today to impact the world tomorrow.
Our Purpose Statement
Yantai Huasheng International School is committed to providing transformative, holistic K12 education to develop globally-minded individuals who learn, love, and lead.
Our vision is to develop world-class servant leaders raised up in every vocation
The YHIS Campus opened in the Fall of 2016. The location of the campus is centrally located in Yantai, Kaifaqu district. Proximity to the airport and is only 2km from the beach. The school building is purpose-built specifically for an international school. It is roughly 20,000 square meters, and five stories tall. It has classrooms equipped with interactive learning experiences, two fully equipped science labs, and two fully equipped art rooms (including a pottery kiln). We also have two acoustically designed orchestra practice halls, eight acoustically engineered music practice rooms. The YHIS Campus offers up-to-date high quality, multimedia classroom systems and wireless access in all areas of campus. Moreover, the numerous working areas on campus will provide students with pleasant learning areas, outside of the classrooms. YHIS Campus has a library, with lounge, and reading areas for Kindergarten through High School. For indoor and outdoor sports, YHIS has access to a state-of-the-art gymnasium, track and field, soccer, basketball, play areas, and wide open outdoor study areas. Our campus has a 650 seats auditorium/theater, with full lighting, LED backdrop, sound system, and theater-like seats.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.