Primary School English Teacher - Guiyang Campus
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education or English language and Literature
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL Certificate
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in teaching in an elementary ELD program.
- Coaching and designing and providing Professional Development experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about recent research in pedagogy in the field of English Language education.
- Possesses sensitivity to developmental stages and well-being of children.
- Flexible to adapt to the teaching needs of the students and the school.
- Salary commensurate with years teaching experience per month (dependent upon qualifications and experience);
- Bonus system
- End-of-Contract: Upon satisfactory completion of the Employee’s contract, the Employee is entitled to a completion bonus of 10% percent of annual base salary of the most recent year worked;
- Master/Hard-to-Fill Stipend;
- Home passage and Summer Holiday Travel flight;
- Chinese Public holidays & Winter Holiday& Spring Holiday&Summer Holiday&Marriage & Bereavement & Sick & Maternity & Paternity leave;
- Housing: School will provide the employee with a furnished apartment close to school;
- Moving allowance:US$300-S$1000;
- Medical: School will provide medical insurance coverage for the employee and his/her authorized dependent(s) in mainland China;
- Schooling: The school will be responsible for the cost of registration, capital levy, and tuition fees for the Employee’s school-aged children at BIBA;
- Professional Development;
- The school will apply and pay for a valid work visa cost;
- Airport pick-up upon arrival, team building, Chinese traditional holiday gift, etc
The English Language Development Teacher supports Classroom Teachers to successfully guide English Language Learners towards gaining proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing, in order to achieve in all academic areas. He/ she uses effective learning strategies to increase teacher ELL knowledge and student confidence in participating in all English language subject classes.
- Provides coaching to classroom teachers to increase their proficiency as language teachers.
- Utilizes WIDA English Language development standards and tools to support English language proficiency
- Conducts WIDA and other language proficiency assessments in order to identify targeted needs and track progress of English Language Learners
- Provide ELD push in and/or pull out instruction to students within assigned grade level.
- Attends all grade-level planning meetings with your team.
- Consults with lead classroom teacher(s) to identify English Language Development needs and plan and implement professional development to address them.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and teaching strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students including small group learning, one-on-one, and whole group learning and teaches these to classroom teachers.
- Contribute to the needs of the school as a whole.
Beijing International Bilingual Academy (BIBA) was founded in 2006 by a group of passionate educators and is one of the fastest-growing international schools in Beijing, with over 1700 students from various countries. Our vision is to be the model for developing internationally-minded bilingual ambassadors, who promote inter-cultural understanding, respect, and integration in a dynamic global community. The school is deeply rooted in an appreciation of Chinese culture and is dedicated to global citizenship in the world’s historic journey towards a united human community.
Our learning culture at BIBA is one that combines rigor, discipline, and traditions of Chinese teaching methods with the vibrant stimulating, and outward-looking creativity of international methods. The fundamental to the success of our program is the passion of our foreign and Chinese teaching staff members. They deliver not only our various academic programs (US national Standards, Chinese National Standards, MYP, IGCSE, and IBDP, but also they play an important role via many non-academic initiatives, in the development of a holistic student approach. Aiming in hopes that BIBA students will be confident, competent, and well equipped to take on the challenges of our modern society with an international-mindedness.
BIBA is also accredited by WASC and at the same time, we are an active member of ACAMIS, ISAC, and JISAC. We currently have a faculty population of over 350 (with an equal ratio of international and local staff), from over 25 different nationalities. Our campus consists of an Early Childhood Center, Elementary School, and Middle-High School. Teachers enjoy rich community life with many teaching families, children, and singles, which plan and participate in various events and activities.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.