- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Teacher Librarian
- Teaching Credential/License
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 5 years of teaching experience
- Major: Educational Degree / English Literature
- In-depth knowledge of library policies, procedures, and practices
- Knowledge of bibliographic management tools and technology
- Knowledge of principles and practices of library materials acquisition
- Knowledge of proper research methodology
- Expertise in using online database services and virtual reference services
- Proficient in standard office software applications
- Knowledge of conservation and preservation techniques for library materials
- Experience in budget development and management
- Data collection and analysis
- Organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Customer service orientation
- Health Insurance - Provided upon completing the probation period.
- Medical check + Document attestation Reimbursement.
- One round ticket allowance per year. (Native Speakers)
- Housing Allowance provided on a monthly basis or School Accommodation with transportation to and from school.
- Establish and implement library policies and procedures
- Prepare and administer the budget for the library
- Allocate funds and monitor expenditure
- Determine and implement cost-effective and accurate methods for information retrieval
- Develop, organize, and maintain library collections to meet the demands of specific user groups
- Coordinate print and electronic subscription requests
- Select, order, and catalog relevant publications and multimedia
- Carry out cataloging and classification of all library resources
- Ensure a current and accurate inventory of library materials
- Maintain records and prepare statistical and analytical reports
- Assist users in the location of specific material and information
- Guide users regarding internet resources
- Train users in the discovery and management of information
- Respond rapidly and reliably to information requests through the use of all appropriate resources
- Conduct bibliographic searches to support user and organizational information needs
- Conduct in-depth research using both online and print resources
- Produce abstracts and reports using the research data collected
- Stay current with trends and developments by reviewing publications, attending professional events, and receiving training from vendors
- Develop and maintain relationships with external bodies such as vendors and suppliers
- Promote awareness of research resources, library services, and learning opportunities
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations including copyright in connection with the use of library materials and resources
At Iqraa American School, we have high expectations of what our children can achieve and strive to inspire all children to develop a love of learning through our creative curriculum, so they make good progress and attain their very best; becoming confident and successful individuals in our changing world.
There is no doubt that the achievement of our students is built upon the partnership between students, parents, and staff. Through the quality of the teaching and learning, the student support, and commitment to extra-curricular activities we create the building blocks of success.
The school prides itself on its innovative and rich curriculum. We place a strong emphasis on working with parents and the community, enabling all students to maximize their abilities, ambitions, and academic potential in everything they do.
At IAS, we strive to inspire and empower our students to think creatively and critically to pursue lifelong learning and provide a learning environment that promotes the academic, social, and personal development of all its students, and thus we are committed to:Establishing a stable and caring school community in which students feel safe, happy, and secure. Establishing the right balance between academics and personal care to give a sure footing for a great future. Preparing students for a meaningful life geared towards technical education, differentiated learning, and serving the community. Promoting intercultural awareness and open-mindedness among all children- irrespective of differences of faith, language, caste, and class, to imbibe ethos and the culture for a harmonious society. Providing a holistic approach to education – which is the quintessence of education, with more focus on life skills, to develop them into lifelong learners. Developing interdisciplinary opportunities between the various disciplines taught to be able to build a connected curriculum that addresses the developmental needs of students, so that knowledge is seen as interconnected by our students.
Licensed teachers can teach in Kuwait's private international schools for the chance to experience life in the Middle East while earning an excellent salary and benefits. Hot and sunny year-round, Kuwait's welcoming residents and beautiful weather make for an incredible experience teaching overseas.