Following on the heels of our International Education Recruitment Report, Teach Away recently partnered with the Association for the Advancement of International Education (AAIE) to deliver a webinar sharing the latest trends in international education recruitment.
Expert insights from leaders in international education recruitment
Based on a survey of over 10,000 international educators, and a combined 15+ years of experience assisting education institutions worldwide in achieving their recruitment goals, Teach Away’s in-house experts David Macfarlane and Ash Pugh joined forces to share data-driven insights and time-tested hiring strategies with school heads and recruitment professionals from around the world.
Among the more notable findings that were discussed during the 45-minute webinar, were:
- Only 15% of candidates choose to teach abroad for financial reasons.
- While salary is an important factor in a candidate’s decision on where to teach, other factors could ultimately have more of an impact.
- An effective onboarding process is critical determinant in the happiness of new hires.
- There’s been a transformation in the way candidates are looking for jobs with over 97% using online channels.
- Recruitment needs to be a year-round process as candidates are starting their job searches earlier and earlier.
Given the increasingly competitive nature of international education recruitment, now more than ever it’s crucial for international schools to understand what matters most to your candidates in order to attract, engage and hire the teachers you need for your schools.
If you missed the live webinar, don’t sweat it. You can check out the full webinar recording below. Also be sure to download the complete International Education Recruitment Report to find out everything you need to know about hiring great teachers in 2018 and beyond.