Assistant Elementary School Principal
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Assistant Elementary School Principal assists the Elementary School Principal in the performance of leadership responsibilities in the Elementary school division. This role entails leadership of people as well as management of systems. The specific responsibilities may vary depending upon strategic initiatives and the respective strengths of the Principal and Assistant Principal. Together, they will be responsible for bringing to life the mission, vision, and educational aims in the Elementary school, as well as developing a faculty of outstanding teachers.
Leading for Learning:
- Support the principal in maintaining a positive, purposeful, student-centred and learning-focused ethos within the elementary school
- Be a highly visible, engaged presence within the elementary school among students, teachers and parents
- Provide a constructive voice and critical ear to the deliberations of the elementary school leadership
- Assist the principal in supervising the instructional program and creating a culture of high standards
- Assist the principal in the observation and appraisal of individual teachers
- Contribute to the coaching and professional development of faculty
- Assist in the tracking and improvement of student learning, promoting the on-going collection, analysis and use of information about student learning (both qualitative and quantitative) in order to identify next steps in learning, systems-improvements, intervention strategies, and curriculum adaptations
- Collaborate with colleagues to support strategic planning and the embedding of ISK’s Mission, Vision and Educational Aims in respective programmes
- Actively support the selection, implementation, and monitoring of team learning goals
- Assume leadership responsibilities as they evolve and as reasonably assigned.
Managing for Learning:
- Serve as a member of the school-wide administration team, including contributing to on-going processes and procedures
- Assist teachers, ES office staff, and the ICT Director with the ISK data management system and other related technical aspects related to the school’s rolling ICT vision plan
- Manage the annual development of the master teaching schedule
- Handle all student disciplinary matters, involving the principal on a consultative basis and in all cases involving major violations of school rules
- Manage meetings and communications to have the maximum impact on student learning
- Apply the design cycle in understanding challenges and identifying ideas for innovation
- Act as principal when the elementary school principal is away from school
- Fulfil emerging tasks to ensure a high quality program and effective systems in the Elementary school.
|USD 5125 - 5916|
The School offers a very competitive salary package including worldwide medical insurance, housing, round-trip airfare annually for employee and family, plus a professional development allowance, retirement and other benefits, details of which may be requested from the HR Manager at the time of application.
Qualifications and Requirements
Required Qualifications, Skills and Qualities:
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Qualities: