Elementary School Technology Specialist
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- Major medical health insurance
- Housing allowance provided
- An end-of-year bonus and a re-signing bonus
- Round trip airfare every two years
- Full scholarship for up to 2 children
- Working paper procurement/renovation
- Two week Christmas bonus
ASPV seeks a talented technology teacher to develop student interest, ability, talent, and skill in the use of technology. The teacher works with students to enrich their understanding and experience of the world of technology by introducing them to coding skills and various programs. The technology teacher will work closely with other teachers to promote the integration of technology throughout the elementary school.
Teachers at the American School of Puerto Vallarta
- Are knowledgeable of the school’s mission and guiding principles to enhance the learning process and provide quality education
- Create an instructional environment which provides for optimum learning and exploratory experiences using curricular objectives to plan and instruct students in all areas related to their subject matter
- Provide experiences that enhance the opportunity to develop responsibility, vision, leadership, cooperation and compassion
- Implement instructional activities appropriate for student maturity, interests and individual needs using a variety of instructional strategies, such as inquiry, teamwork, project-based learning, etc
- Use instructional media and community resources to enhance instruction and student learning
- Check for student understanding of teacher objectives in all instructional activities and classroom procedures
- Provide written plans of instruction as required by administration
- Participate in and give leadership to extra-curricular and service-learning activities in the school
- Participate in professional growth activities sponsored by the school
- Comply with administrative requests and school policies, operating procedures and requirements in an adequate, accurate and timely manner
The American School of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, is a private, non-profit, nonsectarian, co-educational institution offering a bilingual, multicultural education for students from early childhood through high school. Founded in 1986, the school is dedicated to an American style education, high academic standards, and the caring environment a small school can offer.
Students benefit from highly-dedicated and talented teachers in a small school atmosphere, and a comprehensive dual curriculum which encompasses that of quality private and public schools in the United States and those established by the Mexican Ministry of Education. Our graduates are accepted into some of the finest universities in the world, such as Brown University in the United States, Queens University in Canada, and TEC in Mexico.
Founded in 1986 by local business leaders, the American School of Puerto Vallarta is a nonprofit, nonsectarian educational institution accredited by the U.S. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the Mexican Ministry of Education, and the National University of Mexico.