Head of EYFS - Aldar Education
- Licensed Teacher
- 6 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
Leading and managing staff
- Performance management team by school performance management policy;
- Establish clear expectations and constructive working relationships with the team, ensuring collaboration, support, accountability, and high professional standards;
- Hold regular department meetings with minutes and agendas; agenda should include a focus on improving standards relating to student achievement and teaching and learning;
- Efficient and effective deployment and control of staff, resources, and budgets;
- Effective use of accommodation to create an effective and stimulating environment for teaching and learning by Learning Environment Policy.
- Ensure a safe working and learning environment in which risks are properly assessed and Health and Safety policies and regulations are observed all the time.
To be discussed during the interview.
Aldar Education is currently seeking a Head of EYFS to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Assist the academy in achieving its overall vision and strategic intentions and contribute to the achievement of relevant targets as set out in the academy’s improvement plan and self-evaluation form
- Comply with regulations about health and safety at work legislation and adhere to academy policies relating to safe working practice and equal opportunities regulations
- Comply with the academy’s Performance Management Policy ensuring challenging annual targets are set and fulfilling the role of performance management reviewer if directed to do so by the Principal
- Engage in annual training linked to child protection, safeguarding and health, and safety together with all training deemed appropriate for academy improvement or performance management
- Comply with the academy’s staff dress code at all times including the wearing of a photo ID/lanyard
- Comply with the academy’s computer Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) at all times
- Attend all staff briefings
- Sign out and sign in at relevant academy reception if off-site at any point during the normal working day
Strategic direction and development of the department
- Develop and implement policies and practices for the department which reflect the School’s vision, aims, commitment to high standards of achievement, and effective teaching and learning;
- Establish, monitor, and evaluate short, medium, and long-term plans for the development of the department;
- Use data effectively to identify students who are underachieving in the department; create and implement plans of action to support those students;
- Analyse and interpret relevant school data, plus research and inspection evidence, to inform policies, practices, expectations, targets, teaching and learning methods;
- Ensure that appropriate and relevant schemes of work are developed, in place, and regularly reviewed and evaluated, for all year groups and courses. These must include suitable provisions for SEN, G&T, and EAL students.
Teaching and learning
- Ensure curriculum coverage, continuity, and progression in the department for all students including those of high ability and those with special educational needs;
- Establish and implement clear policies and practices for assessing, recording, and reporting on student achievement;
- Set expectations for staff about standards of achievement and the quality of teaching and learning and behavior;
- Evaluate the quality of teaching and learning of the department and use this to identify effective practice and areas for improvement; take action to further improve the quality of teaching and learning;
- Ensure the department is regularly contributing towards the school’s CAS Programme and after-school Booster/Revision Sessions for I/GCSE and IB DP courses.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, and Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum, and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.