Head of Inclusion
Reports to: Head of School/ Elementary School Principal
The role of Head of Inclusion is to support and promote an inclusive culture throughout the school, enabling all students to achieve their best, overcoming barriers to learning and participation. The Head of Inclusion holds an important strategic role in the senior leadership team of the school. It entails co-ordinating appropriate provision for students with special needs and liaising with colleagues, parents and outside agencies.
- To lead the inclusion team as a whole
- To support staff in understanding the learning needs of students with specific needs and the importance of raising their achievement through disseminating the most effective teaching approaches
- To liaise with the inclusion team and teachers to ensure that appropriate provision is made for children across all areas of the curriculum
- To work in close collaboration with the PYP coordinator
- To coordinate and support the planning for the teaching and support of identified children
- To maintain a record of identifying students with specific learning needs and tracking provisions being made
- To provide guidance and assist teachers in identifying students with learning, behavioural, medical or emotional difficulties
- To advise and co-ordinate detailed assessments when necessary
- To advise and assist teachers and other members of staff in planning individual or group programmes for students who require extra provision
- To monitor teaching and learning of students who have been identified as requiring specific support
- To ensure that appropriate methods of assessing and recording student’s needs and progress are maintained
- To keep informed of current developments by attending relevant courses,reading and study
- To select equipment and materials for order within an agreed budget.
- To liaise with other agencies including the school health service, speech therapists, etc
- To organise and chair regular meetings to discuss the needs and progress of identified students
- To organise and chair review meetings for parents to discuss the progress of individual students
- To support and monitor (including performance management) the work of the inclusion team
- To organise professional development opportunities for staff
- In consultation with School Leadership constantly review and update all relevant policies.
- To ensure inclusive practice and equality of opportunity for all.
- To support the school’s vision and move the school towards excellence
- To manage the inclusion team budget
|USD 4000 - 4500|
Benefits for international teachers applying from Oman
Qualifications and Requirements
|Special Education -Inclusion|