HOD of Kindergarten - West Yas Academy
- Early Childhood
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher
- 6 years of teaching experience
- KG, EYFS
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Annual Airfare
- Furnished Accommodation
- Family Sponsorship VISA's
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- End of Service Gratuity
To provide outstanding leadership and strategic direction of the department leading the team to secure; the highest quality teaching, effective use of resources, and improved standards of learning and achievement outcomes for all students in the Department at West Yas Academy.
The following key functions and duties are central to this role:
Leading the Curriculum:
- Establish a clear, shared understanding of the importance and role of all subjects in contributing to students’ personal development and best prepare them for the opportunities and responsibilities of adult life. This is done in collaboration with the Grade Level leads/SLT.
- Develop the curriculum programs of study to ensure that they focus on consistent and outstanding teaching and learning. The program of study, in collaboration with the grade levels, will be reviewed each year to ensure that it still aligns with effective learning and instruction of the needs of the students.
- Ensure that the appropriate curriculum components are developed, programs of study and assessment requirements are written, regularly reviewed, and updated as the school continues to expand.
- Continuously evaluate the KG/Elementary Programs of study so that they are suitably matched to the needs of all learners and the needs of the Academy.
- Establish and implement clear policies and practices for assessing, recording, and reporting on student achievement.
- Responsible for the standards of student attainment and progress across the department by providing clear training so that staff understands what is expected of them about student attainment.
- To ensure that the data collected from their team is sufficiently accurate, reliable, and in line with expected standards by communicating continuously with the Grade Level Lead and being involved in the moderation of data.
- To regularly meet with teachers in their team(s) to develop and implement raising achievement strategies. Of particular importance will be the consideration of how to raise MAP attainment in both English, Math, and Science tests.
- To analyze data across the department and subjects and find the areas of strength and the weaker areas for development.
- To rigorously follow up on each data collection to raise levels of attainment in the subject. This will include working closely alongside the SEN and Literacy Leaders to ensure accurate data capture of a wide range of curriculum components.
- Develop suitable intervention strategies to address underachievement and extend learners. Work closely with the Grade Level Lead in implementing this across the grade level, for example, streaming classes based on student ability levels or setting up focused interventions to support various groups of learners' needs.
- Work closely with the academy’s SEN Lead to ensure that IEPs and ALPs are developed to set specific subject targets and that work is matched to student needs.
- To report on data to SLT and ADEK/Aldar as requested.
- Maintain personal CPD to support West Yas Academy.
- Plan, deliver, and lead CPD to support staff at West Yas Academy.
Leading Teaching and Learning:
- Responsible for ensuring the highest quality of teaching and learning within the department.
- Support Professional Development for curriculum delivery.
- Monitor and review the quality of teaching and learning within the department. Conducting formal and informal observations (lesson observations, book scrutiny, and environmental walks) and recording the data thereof, and reporting to the SLT any concerns that there may be.
- Set high expectations for staff about the standards of achievement and the quality of teaching and learning and behavior.
- Observe teaching and learning, providing feedback to ensure that ongoing support and professional development needs for staff are identified. Following up with staff to ensure that professional development needs are met and are being implemented in their teaching practices.
- Support teaching and learning by Team teaching and modeling good practice
- Line-managed and appraise the performance of all teaching staff within the department. Liaise with principals about any concerns of teaching staff and request and implement a performance management plan in line with your collective concerns.
- Attend once a week each grade’s planning meeting.
- Attend a minimum once-a-week Team meeting with SLT and a one-on-one meeting every two weeks.
Management of Resources and Budget:
- Maintain efficient and effective control of the Department’s resources budget.
- Accept new resource orders and distribute them accordingly as per the allocated budget and order.
- Identify emerging needs of the department about resources/spaces and their deployment as the academy continues to grow.
- Redistributing resources to other grades to support their teaching and learning as needed.
- Ensure safe working and learning environment(s) across the department in which all risks are properly assessed, and Health and Safety regulations are observed at all times.
- Inform relevant academy staff using policies and procedures when H&S or building needs arise.
Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Senior Leadership Team.
At West Yas Academy, which is located on Yas Island, we follow the prestigious American Massachusetts State Curriculum. We are proud to boast state-of-the-art facilities and a student-centered learning culture, enabling students to make phenomenal progress through inquiry-based learning and project-based classrooms.
A globally recognized standard of excellence, NEASC Accreditation attests to a school’s high quality and integrity.
We believe that imagination, creativity, and big dreams can change our world! We are focused on improvement and solutions. We empower our staff and students to be innovative and unconstrained. We celebrate thinkers and doers.