- Elementary, Middle School
- University Graduate
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- 3 years of teaching experience
- TESL/TEFL Certificate
- TEFL certification required
- Internationally recognized teaching certification with at least three years of experience in having full responsibility for a class
- Experience working in a multilingual environment and a dual language program
- Have training and experience in the IB Primary Years Programme and/or other innovative child-centered pedagogies (i.e., Reggio -inspired Learning)
- Experience working in an international school as either a class teacher and a language teacher
- Ability to work as an effective and collaborative team member
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and drive: have a passion for teaching and learning with a drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- A demonstrated passion to take on new challenges, serve in different teaching roles and with different age groups
- Skills in managing resources and using them to better support teaching and learning
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Can teach students in both French and English
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents
- Candidates are requested to apply online by attaching their CV and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Jennifer Armstrong, International School of Geneva, La Châtaigneraie Campus by 20th May 2022 mentioning the reference number 220 284.
Relocation package for expatriates.
Seeks for 29th August 2022
Founded in 1924, the Foundation of the International School of Geneva, commonly known as Ecolint educates 4500 students aged from 3-to 18 representing over 130 nationalities. Each of our eight schools is dedicated to the development of seven life-worthy, future-ready global competencies: we develop lifelong learning, self-agency, the ability to interact with the world, and with others, and resources to develop transdisciplinary, multiliterate thinking. Through this, we drive our mission, which is to educate students to be global citizens with the courage and capacity to create a just and joyful tomorrow together. Ecolint is built on strong humanitarian values and prides itself on its long history of pedagogical innovation, including the creation of the Model United Nations system and the International Baccalaureate. We have around 1250 employees representing more than 60 nationalities, united as one core of dynamic professionals, committed to our mission.
The La Châtaigneraie Campus is set amidst the picturesque rolling farms and villages of Founex overlooking Lake Geneva not far from the city. With a mix of historic and new buildings, the campus is split into a Primary and Secondary school with a combined total of around 1600 students. We are proud to be an International Baccalaureate World School while also offering our students the option to complete the Swiss Maturité. Our programs are based on the IB’s ‘Learner Profile’, a set of ideas that inspire, motivate and focus the work of the school and help students to become more thoughtful, grounded, responsible, and caring global citizens. Fostering these qualities is at the heart of all we do. The international team of educators is devoted to supporting and celebrating a diverse population of students.
Full-time – 29 Period(s)
We seek an outstanding teacher to join our Primary School team and in particular, an individual who is trained and experienced in a dual language IB PYP structure. The ideal candidate can assume either classroom or language teaching responsibilities and welcomes opportunities to continue growing throughout their career in a variety of ways across the depth and breadth of a busy and vibrant school. We seek a teacher who is focused on and passionate about the development, growth, and learning of children in a caring, stimulating, and creative environment.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate all aspects of teaching and learning to reflect the central principles of the IB Primary Years Programme
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues to support student learning in the units of inquiry
- Ascertain the holistic and specific learning needs of the students based on effective and ongoing evaluation of the child, and plan for his/her learning using differentiated tools, strategies, and resources
- Contribute wholeheartedly to community events, even those outside the regular school hours, to contribute to the strong sense of belonging shared within our community
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to continued professional learning
We prepare students for membership of communities that are socially and culturally diverse, for citizenship, and for engagement with the political, ethical, and environmental challenges of their times. We expect them to want to take an active part in making their world a better place and one that is based on the mutual understanding, respect, and shared values to which the school has been committed throughout its long history.
The International School of Geneva serves both the international and local communities of the Geneva area. We are committed to preparing students to live in a multilingual and multicultural world and, as a bilingual Foundation, to develop their fluency in both English and French.
The school exists for the sake of its students and is committed to a continual re-evaluation of their needs in the light of social, economic, and cultural change. The school strives continually to promote excellence in all aspects of its provision, to do better than its previous best, and to model the values that it encourages in its students.
The main principles of an international education
A key element of this unity is a commitment to a particular kind of international education.
The Foundation has defined those main principles as follows:Encouraging important international values Supporting the student’s language development Ensuring an international dimension to the curriculum Recognising the importance of global issues Showing respect for, and integration with, the host country
Teach in Switzerland to experience a first-class education system and some of the highest teaching salaries in the world. With the growing demand for international teachers in all subjects, there are plenty of opportunities to find teaching jobs in Switzerland.