- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
We are looking for well-qualified, enthusiastic, talented, and outstanding Science teachers for our American Curriculum department preferably with management experience to join this large and thriving department for the academic year 2022/23.
Ideal candidates must have:
• Bachelor’s degree and accredited teaching license (with appropriate specialization)
• Minimum of 2 years full-time teaching in the American Curriculum, Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, or Massachusetts State Curriculum Frameworks for elective courses.
- We offer the opportunity to work in a new, modern spacious school with large indoor and outdoor classrooms, state-of-the-art technology, amazing children who want to learn, and a great team.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- End-of-Service Gratuity as per UAE Labour Law
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all students in the class/es ensuring equality of opportunity for all.
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct.
- Treating students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position.
- Working proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, other staff, and external agencies in the best interests of students.
- Acting within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current SRS Code of Ethics
- Taking responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
- Promoting creativity, innovation, and the use of emerging technologies in teaching and learning.
- In the context of your role, work towards implementing the school’s Strategic Focus for 2020-23 and be a key player in the development of HPL at SRS.
SRS is a BSO approved international school that provides a high quality education, meeting the needs of a diverse range of students. We deliver the British National and American Curriculum to an increasing population of 3000 plus students from FS to Year 13, leading to GCSE, IGCSE and AS/A2 qualifications.
School of Research Science was founded in 1998 to provide a high quality education to the children of local Emirati families. Since that time, the school has seen a dramatic expansion linked directly to its growth in popularity, also amongst non-Emirati families whose children now comprise approximately one-third of the school’s intake. A powerful vision coupled with strong ambition and clear sense of direction has enabled the school to grow and become a very successful all-through, 3 to 18 school with a student roll of approximately 3,250. Building on this success, the Founder of the school has invested in a new purpose built school in Al-Warqa with state-of-the-art specialist facilities and a twenty-first century learning environment. By employing high quality teachers and school leaders and giving them the tools and opportunities they need to grow professionally, we aspire to provide a World Class standard of education for all our students.
The school devotes considerable resources to ensuring a breadth of curriculum experience which is not commonly found in schools offering a non-residential provision. In delivering 30 guided learning hours each week for all students beyond the Foundation Stage the school is able to blend learning in both the Arabic and British traditions in a manner that is purposeful and continuously developing.The curriculum offer is balanced in such a way as to offer exceptional social, moral, spiritual and cultural development to children and young people aged 3 to 18. Additionally, the bilingual character of the school is exploited so as to allow curriculum access to students of varying ethnic origins; reinforcing and deepening learning through an emerging collaboration between teachers drawn from quite diverse backgrounds.
At SRS, we believe in the holistic growth of all our students, with each phase of school life organically connected to the next. In practice this means our students develop and grow with us academically, socially, emotionally and morally. Moreover, we believe we have a clear moral obligation to administer a learning environment that encourages such growth and development where the school culture is built upon care, respect, responsibility and honesty.
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.