- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, Office/Administration Staff
- 2 years of teaching experience
- B.A. or B.Ed. (in a teaching major) M.A. (in statistics or a related major) M.A.
- 2 Years Teaching and 3 Years - as a school administrator
- 2 recommendation letters
- Degree certificate and Transcript, High School diploma and transcript (grades 9, 10,11 and 12) attested by Ministry of Education from the country of issue, Foreign Affairs Ministry, UAE Embassy
- Police Clearance
- Full-time overseas – hired and locally hired employees receive a 25% (twenty-five percent) reduction in tuition fee - for up to two dependents for the first year of service and 50% (fifty percent) for each successive year of full-time employment with the school. All other fees must be borne by the employee.
- Medical insurance provided to visa holder only
- The Academic Coordinator will report to the Principal and Assistant Principal.
- The Academic Coordinator is expected to show initiative, be a visible presence, and be an exemplary communicator within his/her own key learning areas and in the school community.
- The Academic Coordinator is responsible for effective curriculum delivery, the achievement of the School Action Plan goals and departmental goals, learning outcomes, and the meeting of targets and benchmarks. He/She has a key role in the development of a positive work environment – one that is innovative and responsive to student needs. He/She is expected to work with the leadership team to achieve the school vision and mission.
- Work with Principal and Assistant Principal to further develop an assessment plan.
- Work with the curriculum coordinator and heads of the department through on-going flex workshops for programs, interdisciplinary committees, departments, divisions, or individuals to:
- Develop d Service Outcomes (SO) and benchmarks and rubrics
- Present assessment plan
Work with Heads of Department to:
- Collect evidence – design assessment tool, collect student work
- Analyze evidence – make summative judgments
- Document analysis in a report (develop a template for reports)
- Implement Changes • Work with non-instructional and academic support units to develop and assess service outcomes and develop reporting forms if they do not exist.
- Develop statistical models to measure the impact of learning support services on student achievement of intended learning outcomes. •
- Develop item analysis reports as necessary to help faculty evaluate the effectiveness of tests and test items.
- Conduct focus groups with students and/or faculty and staff to get insight into practices that work and those that do not.
- Work with administrators to problem-solve issues that arise with assessment plans and present solutions to appropriate bodies.
- Work with the inspection and accreditation teams and assist with inspection/accreditation activities
- Create reporting forms for assessment activities on campus
- Work with heads of department to disseminate reports and archive assessment activities
- Serve as a repository for evidence and reports.
The Academic Coordinator will provide leadership and management in the areas of:
College ethos, vision, and goals
- By Maintaining and strengthening the ethos and philosophy of the school
- Assisting in school planning
- Making informed and positive contributions to the planning and development of School initiatives
- Being a positive and proactive member of the curriculum team
- By Developing positive working relationships with and amongst colleagues
- Being proactive in the support of colleagues in both academic and behavior- related matters (when the behavior is particular to the specific subject area)
- Supervising performance and progress of colleagues
- Promoting the professional development of staff
- Inducting new staff members
- Assisting and mentoring pre-service teachers
- Participating in appraisal processes
- Delegating tasks as necessary and/or appropriate
Curriculum and pedagogy
- By Determining annual goals and related targets
- Setting appropriate standards and benchmarks in curriculum areas, and analyzing, preparing, and presenting data to demonstrate achievements of cohorts in test and tasks, and learnings
- Demonstrating exemplary teaching practice
- Recognizing and catering to a diversity of learning styles
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of the syllabus requirements for all relevant subjects
- Demonstrating an understanding of current trends in education
- Overseeing the preparation and implementation of work programs, study plans, and other courses of study within the relevant subject areas
- Planning, implementing, and overseeing assessment
- Ensuring the requirements of MOE are met
- Ensuring student records are maintained
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of the nature of learning
- Ensuring the provision of supportive and challenging environments that optimize learning
- By Planning, maintaining, building, and deploying resources
- Taking responsibility for textbooks and stationery requirements
- By Representing the relevant curriculum area/s within the school and in the wider community
- Ensuring that teaching resources are made available to colleagues
- Organizing regular meetings, circulating information
- Identifying and monitoring students at risk
- Encouraging and fostering positive relationships with staff, students and parents
- Being proactive in conflict resolution.
- Meeting regularly with staff
- Providing the principal with minutes of curriculum area meetings
The Assessment Coordinator will manage the development and implementation of a comprehensive program of assessment for the purpose of institutional improvements in accordance with accreditation requirements in support of institutional effectiveness.
The Assessment Coordinator must work with the faculty, staff, and administrators to develop effective strategies for the academic assessment of student learning outcomes at the general education and program levels. The assessment coordinator will provide ongoing support for assessment activities, assist with the analysis of assessment methods and results and report such results to both internal and external stakeholders.
The Assessment Coordinator will coordinate the collection, evaluation, and dissemination of all academic, support, and administrative units.
The Assessment Coordinator has knowledge of:
- UAE Inspection framework and Accreditation standards
- Student learning outcomes
- Assessment practices and methods
- Assessment plan for college
- Pedagogy – practice and study of teaching
- Learning theory – practice and study of learning
And is able to:
- Facilitate workgroups
- Problem solve
- Communicate and present
- Provide resources
- Monitor assessment process
- Collaborate with others
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data
- Train others on complex
To provide western education, to encourage academic excellence and to implement an inclusive learning environment for that includes students of all ability levels. Sharjah American International School (SAIS) is an American Curriculum School that hosts over 25+ different nationalities and cultural backgrounds in the grades K-12.
We strive for excellence and are committed to preparing students both academically and socially. Our aim is to develop creative problem solvers and analytical thinkers that are confident, committed and hard working. SAIS fosters a community of inclusive with its cultural diversity of both staff and students. We are proud to have a diversified learning community where all members work together in harmony, collaboration and respect to achieve common goals; creating a community of understanding that empowers students to be passionate, innovative, and productive citizens in an ever-changing global society while embracing the cultural values of the UAE.
SAIS nurtures students from from KG to 12 have a multiple opportunity to develop both within and outside of the classroom developing each as it is important for every child’s to bring out own unique personality through the guidance and learning of successful Teachers. SAIS have strong excellence in excellent academic standards, providing classes in Mathematics, Sciences, and Information Technology, English and other Religion academic program. SAIS also provides outstanding classes in the Arts and- Performing Visual arts.
We aim is to establish and maintain a community that inspires passion for learning, where students dare to embark on challenging journeys to achieve their visions and to continuously strive to find or to test available opportunities as innovators or future entrepreneurs".