Elementary French Language Teacher
- University Graduate
- 3 years of teaching experience
- French Language
- BA or BS degree in the French Language.
- Major in elementary education or three years of teaching experience.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- IB PYP experience preferred.
- Fluent English or Arabic is required, but bilingualism considered an asset.
- Ticket Allowance
- Housing Allowance
- Health Care
- Child Tuition Waiver
- To plan for and provide direct instruction in French as a second or third language.
- Planning collaboratively, in the context of the PYP and the AIA curriculum, to build on student knowledge and expertise, develop significant units of inquiry, accommodate a range of ability levels and emphasize connections between curriculum areas.
- Using a range and balance of teaching strategies to differentiate learning.
- Encouraging students to be critical thinkers, involving students actively in pursuing relevant units of inquiry.
- Ensuring that planning, teaching, learning and assessment are interconnected processes, to maintain a balance of assessment, recording, and reporting strategies that involve students, parents, and colleagues in the assessment process. The teacher should also ensure students see assessment as a means of describing their learning and shaping future learning.
- Actively participating in professional development to continually work to improve learning for our students within the learning culture of AIA and the philosophy of the IB PYP.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and regard for the image of the school and the support of colleagues in all activities, duties, and requirements of the school as assigned by the Elementary Principal and PYP Coordinator and outlined in the policies of the school.
- The key responsibility of every teacher at AIA is to be familiar with the values and beliefs expressed in the philosophy of the IB PYP and to work to translate them into daily classroom practice in an international environment.
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme (DP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Primary Years Program (PYP).
Because we know that it is when employees are comfortable and feeling good about the work they are doing that they do their best work, we strive to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible while working in Doha. In addition to paying for your visas and medical exams, we have a great team to help you through the process of settling down in Qatar.
Once you are here, we will help you settle into your private apartment and help you take those first steps toward making Doha your home. We will provide bus service between your housing and the school and will organize shopping excursions on a regular basis. Our hope is that once you come to school, your living situation will be organized to the point that you will be fully available to give your colleagues and students your best. In order to help you with that, we have a full slate of professional development activities planned and will also differentiate your learning to meet, as much as possible, your individual needs.
Our hope is to create a dynamic, interesting, and respectful environment for both students and staff, a learning environment that no one will want to leave.