Elementary Program Coordinator
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Education, Elementary Education, Educational leadership
- Teaching Credential/License
- Covid Vaccination (3rd dose minimum)
- Good leadership and management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team player and solution-oriented
- Positive and professional outlook
- High sense of responsibility
- Thriving for excellence
- Duty of care toward students
- Private medical insurance for hospitalization and accident
- Traveling allowance of 200 USD per month (extra pay)
- Food allowance of 100 USD per month at the school cafeteria
- Visa and work permit reimbursed after each year of service
- Paid holiday for 1 full academic year: 5 weeks during the summer, 1-week winter break, 6 days sick leave, and 20 days of public holiday
- Assistance finding accommodation and airport pick up provided
- Medical Insurance for hospitalization and accident coverage
- Airport pick-up provided
- Assistance in finding accommodation (housing allowance is factored into the monthly salary)
Main Responsibilities of EPC
The Elementary Program Coordinator is responsible to provide oversight and improve student achievement and international programs for the elementary school. The job responsibilities of EPC include:
School Leadership and Program Management
- Establish and execute an academic strategic plan to improve international programs and student and school goals
- Report to the school director on program planning, achievement, and student learning outcomes. Develop, and review school policy, and procedures requested by the school director.
- Maintain and model the school culture that encourages all learners and staff to thrive for excellence, develop strong work ethics and promote WV character profiles, especially the growth mindset
- Develop procedures to monitor and evaluate the success of international programs based on student learning outcomes.
- Improve the international program with other internationally recognized programs to diversify the program
- Use data from student learning, teacher observation, student/parent survey, and the private education industry to inform academic strategic plans.
- Review academic support programs and extra-curricular programs to improve school-wide learning outcomes.
- Source and prepare students for academic competitions or non-academic events that promote leadership, the development of global citizenship, and school-wide learning outcomes.
Curriculum and Instructional Management
- Lead curriculum review and implementation including horizontal and vertical alignment across the elementary program with a focus on increased academic rigor and meeting the needs of all learners.
- Initiate teaching pedagogy for high-quality teaching and coordinate implementation with program coordinators and faculty to increase student engagement and learning outcomes.
- Introduce and implement new educational technology to improve teaching quality
- Review assessment strategies to enhance learning outcomes.
- Introduce new learning technology to better support learners and improve engagement and learning outcomes.
- Organize and implement professional development for program coordinators and faculty to ensure that teachers adhere to high-quality standards and can make growth professionally.
- Conduct formal and informal class observations and provide feedback to teachers.
- Perform days to days responsibilities of program supervision.
Human Resource Managemen
- Review teaching staff evaluation policies and job descriptions.
- Evaluate international teaching staff and provide feedback for improvement and retention.
- Participate in the hiring of teachers per the school director's request.
- Ensure work effectiveness and compliance with school policies and code of conduct of the faculty under line management.
- Report compliance or concern to the staff disciplinary committee promptly for a solution.
- Provide onboarding program and support to new program coordinator or teacher.
Student and Community Relations
- Receive new family for inquiry and enrollment when requested.
- Review entrance test and coordinate entrance test procedure with admission manager for new students.
- Meet with students and/or parents to discuss student learning as well as to solve other concerns raised by parents or students.
- Initiate and organize student lead projects that promote student sense of belonging to the school and a positive learning atmosphere.
- Maintain and model a positive and caring climate that promotes a safe and supportive environment for all learners.
- Provide weekly content related to international programs, class activities, and academic projects to the Marketing Team for school social media to promote school programs.
- Organize, participate, and represent the school in the media, events, parent workshops, student workshops, and other events to promote the school programs when requested by the school director.
- Additional duties as commensurate with the position based on the needs of the school.
- Maintain administrative and academic records in compliance with the Ministry requirements and school requirements. Keep a record of student learning progress and progress toward graduation in school drives and the school management system.
- Assist with safety inspections and emergency drills.
- Take part in the child protection committee and perform the duty of care per the child protection policy.
Westview Cambodian International School is a great extension to secondary education from grades 6 to 12 by the passionate leadership team of Learning Jungle International School offering educational services only from preschool to grade 6. With the strong support from parents, students, staff, and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Westview Cambodian International School was created to offer an International Secondary program built from the world-renowned American Standards of education and the Khmer language, history, and culture into one unique curriculum from grades 6 to 12. Our mission is to educate Cambodian youth to become confident, and equipped with global competencies while embracing their Cambodian identity, culture, and values.
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Students will achieve their intellectual potential by striving for and attaining the highest standards of academic excellence.
CONSCIENTIOUS LEARNERS: Students willingly apply a variety of self-reflection strategies throughout their learning processes, demonstrating the habits of a growth mindset and a strong work ethic.
WELL-ROUNDED INDIVIDUALS: Students will demonstrate the fundamental characteristics of well-rounded individuals, critical thinkers, and conscientious leaders, adopting the character traits of our sixteen Character Profiles.
CAMBODIAN CULTURE: Students will gain a strong understanding of Cambodian values and form an appreciation of the qualities that make up Cambodian culture and society.
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: Students will understand what it means to be a global citizen, and play a conscientious and proactive role in being a valuable member of a global community with a drive to make the world a better place.
CONTRIBUTING TO SOCIETY: Students will develop the skills they need to form genuine and productive relationships with people from all walks of life and to make contributions to their communities, society, and country.
Westview is working toward international accreditations from WASC and CIS.