English Teacher for Children
- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Education, Communication, East Asian studies
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma Level
- Mother tongue must be English
- Some understanding of Japanese and TESL/ESL certification is preferred.
- Interests in working with young children.
- Ability to work independently with cooperation with staff.
- Willingness to adapt to and enjoy a different way of life.
- Class-organizing skill. Good singing voice.
- Outgoing and friendly personality.
Q: What’s great about the work environment?
All classes are supported by active office staff to help them implement their ideas.
Ednet main office is located within walking distance of several interesting parks and outdoor environments. Local busses also pass in front of the school throughout the day if a trip to parks farther away is planned. There are a variety of shops in the area from restaurants, small boutique. We typically have a 3 day weekend almost every month due to Japanese national holidays. Between
es, craft stores, recycle/second-hand stores, and several big shopping centers or malls.
Q: What’s the work/life balance?
Teachers are scheduled to work an 8 or 9 hour day 5 Tuesday through Saturday. Teachers are not expected to take work home or to work extra long hours.
Along with teachers' vacation time (10 days to start), there are six extra summer vacation days and four added vacation days around New Year.
Q: What's the bonus system?
Completion bonus will be different on job performance evaluation and will be paid in the last month of the contract. You will have the chance to get a students bonus when you gain a new member in your class.
KEC English School has been giving English lessons to children aged 2-18 and some adults in Nagakute City, the suburb of Nagoya City, the center of Japan since 1988.
Our purpose is to give the opportunity for children to get the English language skill, needless to say, and to get the way of international communication. International education is our ultimate goal.
In KEC we have some foreign teachers from the US, England, South Africa, and Australia, and 15 Japanese teachers. We have over 330 students.
- Teaching English at kindergarten, area classes, Saturday immersion class, developing curricula and educational materials, attending meetings, and making class reports. KEC foreign teachers travel to class every day and Japanese teachers will assist them. The students are aged 2-12 preschool/elementary children, junior high school students, high school students, and some adults. There are 4-6 lessons per day.
- Participating in some events including camps for children and ceremonies at kindergartens.
- Teaching at the seminar for teachers.
- Office work: Participating in meetings, planning, and preparation for the lessons.
Our mission is to help children in developing a global vision and a positive attitude by learning English or immersing in English as a communication tool.
Education Network is a group of four learning communities located in the Nagoya suburbs of Nagakute, Japan. Nagoya is a central city and one of the tree biggest cities in Japan.
The three departments are Kids International School (KIS), KEC English School (KEC), Kids English Afterschool (KEA). Each learning community provides a different educational experience.
KEC English School started in 1989 and we have been giving English lessons in various different locations including in Nagkute main school, kindergartens, community centers in Nagoya area. There are more than 400 students from aged 2 to high school students.
There is a sister KEC school in Tsuruga city in Fukui prefecture, called KTP Kids English Club.
Kids International School opened in 1997. KIS is an English Immersion preschool, located in Nagakute-cho, the suburb of Nagoya-city, center of Japan It was founded to provide your child a wonderful opportunity for international awareness at an early age in a arm, safe, and positively environment.ã
We have four classes on age: 1) 5 years old class, 2) 4 years old class, 3) 3 years old class, and 4) 2 years old class. There are 8-14 children in one class from Japan, Canada and other European countries. The Japanese teachers assist the foreign teachers.
Kids English After School started in 2017. We accept elementary school students from three elementary schools in Nagakute city. It's a immersion school and they enjoy a project work in English.
Teaching in Japan continues to be one of the most popular options for English teachers as well as licensed classroom teachers. One of the world's most technologically advanced countries, Japan also maintains a culture of old-world tradition and appreciation for beauty.