WinBe ESL Teacher - Greater Tokyo Area
- ESL Instructor
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Patience to teach all ages and levels
- Ability to communicate in ways students will understand
- Creativity to motivate and inspire students to learn
- Capacity to work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children
- Understanding of child development and its impact on learning and behavior
- A keen sense of customer service and an understanding of Japanese business culture are advantages.
- Fully-paid comprehensive initial training, in addition to regular training workshops throughout the year
- All-English On-Boarding and Relocation Support
- Salary & career advancement opportunities based on performance
- Renewal bonus of ￥100,000 upon successful completion and re-signing of a 1-year contract
- 10 paid days of leave/year (after 6 months of employment), in addition to national holidays
- Work-related commuting costs fully reimbursed
- Social Security & Health Insurance
- Visa sponsorship and renewal support
Yaruki Switch Group is currently accepting applications for our WinBe schools throughout the Greater Tokyo Area (Tokyo, Kanagawa, Saitama, and Chiba)!
Our Teaching Style
At WinBe, our mission is to provide students with the tools to pursue their full potential and gain a lifelong love of English. In the pursuit of this mission, we strive to provide students with the best education possible.
We are looking for individuals who can deliver high-quality, effective English instruction while acting as ambassadors for the English-speaking world. The ideal candidate should be interested not only in developing others but also in developing themselves.
We prioritize attitude and a desire to learn in our recruits. As such, no prior teaching experience is required, although a successful work history in the industry is a plus. Our training program and curriculum will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver lessons to a high standard. Whether this is your first teaching job or you are looking for new challenges within education in Japan, we will offer as much support as we can to help you succeed.
- Work shifts of 13:00-21:00 Tuesday to Friday, 10:00-18:00 on Saturdays (5 working days per week, 8-hour shifts with a 45-minute lunch break).
- Teach an average of 6 lessons per day with a maximum of 7 per day on busy days, such as Saturdays.
- Deliver 50-minute English lessons for children between the ages of 3-14 in classes of up to 6 students. Lessons follow a set syllabus and pre-written lesson plans that include suggested activities to meet lesson goals.
- Adapt materials to meet the interests and learning styles of students while meeting learning goals and quality standards.
- Prepare classroom materials for lessons and projects.
- Teach classroom routines, procedures, and rules of behavior.
- Create a safe and inclusive classroom environment.
- Monitor children’s interactions and encourage cooperation.
- Administer tests to evaluate students’ progress.
- Perform record-keeping duties including attendance and grading tests.
- Evaluate students’ progress and complete reports.
- Build, develop, and maintain positive relationships with students, guardians, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Take part in school promotional and educational activities.
- Expand knowledge and skills by participating in ongoing company-managed teacher training.
- Maintain appearance and behavior that serve as a positive model for students.
- Application Submitted
- Screening Process (2-3 business days) *
- 1st Interview (Online)
- Introduction to School & 2nd Interview (In-Person/Online)
- Official Offer of Position
- On-Boarding / Visa Support (if necessary)
- Initial Training & School Placement
Yaruki Switch Group is a Japanese educational organization boasting a track record stretching 40 years in teaching, nurturing, and developing the futures of children.
We have established and continue to grow successful, well-recognized brands in such educational fields as Supplemental Learning, Early Childhood Education, English Childcare, and Bilingual Kindergartens - not just nationwide, but worldwide as well.
With our philosophy of ‘Individual Approaches for Individuals,’ we have developed a network of over 2000 schools and counting!â£ â£
What we treasure is not just academic development. We respect the unique characteristics of every child and nurture their confidence and motivation by assisting them in the achievement of their goals. “Think for yourself, decide for yourself, and act for yourself;” we help our students to polish their “èªåå” (power of independence) to take on new challenges and decide their path in life without being swayed by the values or judgment of others.â£ â£
We offer a competitive employment package with career advancement opportunities, a fun and supportive teaching environment, and thorough training to ensure success in the role. Hiring year-round, an exciting position teaching awaits you. Be the difference. Come teach with us!
Teaching in Japan continues to be one of the most popular options for English teachers as well as licensed classroom teachers. One of the world's most technologically advanced countries, Japan also maintains a culture of old-world tradition and appreciation for beauty.