- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Applicants will need to have a bachelor's Degree in any subject.
- Candidates must be a citizen from the U.S.A., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, or South Africa to be eligible for the required E-2, F-2, F-5, and F-6 Visa
Applicants need to have some key skills and characteristics:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Be confident in their ability to help students improve their essays
- Be creative and adaptable the same time as being organized and well-prepared for class
- Able to relate to, empathize with, and stimulate children
- Able to maintain a high standard of professional conduct
- Able to manage time and schedule
- Classroom management skills
- Teaching experience is not required, but it is preferred.
- Notarized copy of Bachelor's degree with an apostille
- Clean FBI or national-level criminal background check with an apostille (issuance date must be less than 6 months old unless you have been in Korea since it was issued)
- Valid passport that has a minimum of 6 months until expiration.
- Monthly salary: 2.3 - 2.5 Mil won
- Housing: Singled furnished housing/housing allowance of 500,000 won
- Benefits: Inbound flight to Korea (reimbursement), severance payment (one month's salary for each 12-month contract completed), health insurance, national pension, 11 days paid vacation (You choose the days), all national holidays off, Korean classes taught at a Korean academy but paid for by DYB for anyone interested, opportunities to re-sign the contract for pay increases well above what's typical (as well as extra holidays).
- DYB Locations: Seoul (Songpa, Daechi, Junggye) / Gyeonggi (Bundang, Suji, Suwon, Pyeongchon, Ilsan, Dongtan, Hanam)
DYB Choisun is one of the most reputable academies in Seoul and surrounding areas, and with 30 years of history, we are growing from strength to strength.
We are a stable, forward-looking company and our students mean everything to us. With our company’s growth comes opportunities for teachers, and perhaps that is one of the reasons that our teachers tend to stay. We offer a competitive starting salary but with diligence, talent, and loyalty there is potential for our teachers to earn much more.
Despite the disruption of the pandemic, DYB is currently expanding in both of our 2 main programs; DYB (offline teaching to students aged 12-15), and CREO (offline teaching to students grades 1-6 - we need both English-speaking teachers and F4 bilingual teachers here).
We have over 150 Teachers, many of whom have stayed for 3,4,5 years, and some for over 10! Although we offer 12-month contracts, DYB Education Group hopes you will stay longer and works to be the kind of place you'd want to stay at. There is opportunity and room for growth, ensuring that if you re-sign your contract it won't be just a year of repeat - you certainly won't have reached the ceiling. Education can be a career for us. Our campuses are non-franchised and centrally operated, meaning that the experiences of our teachers will be similar across all 11 campuses. HR has a subsection team, NHR who are all English speakers and whose sole job is to look after the needs of our teachers. On top of this, each campus has a team leader, and a head coordinator meaning that communication is clear and prompt, and issues and questions get resolved quickly. We have good onboarding and workshops, as well as social events ensuring that you not only have the community of staff within your campus but the wider community of the whole organization to meet and become friends with.
Our HR department is currently accepting applications to both programs so please get in touch to start your application and to book an interview for possible employment in one of our positions. More details about each program are listed below;
DYB Offline Regular Campus / Upper Elementary – Middle School Level Program:
Locations in: Seoul & Gyeonggi
Openings in: 2022 & 2023
Daily schedule 7-hour shift: Class starts from 4 pm and finishes at 10 - must be at work by 3 pm
Teaching age: 12-15 years old kids
Average class size: 12
Teachers are responsible for Speaking and Writing Classes for upper elementary and middle school students. Although contracted to teach 30 hrs a week, actual teaching hours are around 22 hours.
CREO Offline Elementary Program:
School: Creo English Academy
location: Seoul: Daechi, Hanam, Songpa
Start Date: 2022 & 2023
Normal Schedule set up: 7 hr shift (1:30pm prep / 2:30-8:30pm class time)
Teaching age: Elementary Level
Monthly salary : 2.3-2.5 Mil won + incentive program (200,000 won + / Monthly)
For CREO positions we are looking for both English-speaking teachers and Bilingual teachers. CREO teachers have their classrooms and spend more time with fewer students.
DYB –do your best- is a multi-campus English academy situated in and around Seoul. With 30 years of history and having grown year on year, we now have over 30 000 students and 1000 teachers and staff. Within each branch are Elementary and Middle school levels, each having different grades – grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 or grades M1, M2, and M3 (7, 8, and 9). Part of the DYB Education Group is CREO, our program for Elementary classes only, grades 1-6. People interested in CREO positions will teach be drawn to the smaller class sizes, younger students and the pastoral responsibilites that come with that.
Song Oh Hyun, DYB’s founder, is in charge of the company’s direction and teaching philosophy. The curriculum is based on the ‘circular system’ which includes all aspects of the English language; writing, speaking, reading, and listening. Teaching is provided by Korean staff and non-Korean staff, the former being responsible mainly for reading, listening and grammar, and the latter for speaking and writing. In each grade, there are usually 4 English levels and sometimes a 5th highest level. Books and teaching material differ across levels ensuring that students are challenged but not beyond ability. Korean teachers will handle most of the testing elements and Native (English speakers) teachers will be involved in more creative and engaging tasks.
Currently, over 150 native teachers are working at DYB. Lesson creation is shared in DYB, with teachers being responsible for making only one or two lessons and then uploading them into a shared DYB DropBox account. Teachers will then be able to access pre-made lessons for their other classes whilst sharing their own, ensuring that while teachers have plenty of input into what they teach, the workload isn't overwhelming and we stick to our core curriculum. Our teachers aren't going through pages of a book, they are actively teaching and the satisfaction they get from it is part of the reason teachers tend to stay at our company.