MYP Science Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Ed. D.
- Teaching Credential/License
- Housing allowance
- Housing deposit
- Child support
- Relocation allowance
- PD support
- Tuition support for dependents
Horizon Japan International School seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic and talented teacher of MYP Science Teacher who organizes and implements an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to engage with and evaluate new concepts, develop approaches to learning skills and explore the power and precision of science. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in science, with experience in delivering science at the MYP level. We seek to cultivate classrooms in which students learn not only to answer questions, but to question answers, and we need teachers who want to work alongside students toward the shared goal of ever-deeper learning. MYP Science Teacher’s Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the mission, vision and core values of the HJIS
- Establishing a safe, purposeful and stimulating environment for students
- Providing a stimulating and ordered learning environment where time and resources are used effectively
- Designing, preparing and delivering a high quality curriculum for grades within the IB MYP framework to suit the individual needs of all students
- Preparing and maintaining a classroom environment that supports inquiry and discovery
- Being responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school, raising any concerns following school protocol/procedures
|Working Hours||Working Days|
|8:00am – 4:30pm||Monday-Friday|
Located in the fashionable, beautiful and cosmopolitan port city, Yokohama, Horizon International School serves the educational needs of diverse families since 2003. With its state-of-the-art campus, HJIS aims to provide students with a highly challenging, rigorous, and engaging curriculum. As an authorized IB Continuum School for the PYP, MYP and DP, the backbone of HJIS’ curriculum is to instill international-mindedness, global citizenship, intercultural learning and explore global issues and diverse perspectives.
HJIS is fully accredited by two of the world’s leading accreditation organizations: the Council of International Schools (CIS), based in Europe, and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), based in the USA. This joint accreditation is evidence of our commitment to academic excellence and lifelong learning. The high standards set by CIS and WASC Accreditations ensure that HJIS able to attract and retain professional and dedicated teachers. At HJIS, teachers build awareness of students’ own learning styles and needs, including their academic, social, physical, and emotional development.
Horizon Japan International has a multicultural environment which is enhanced by the diverse provenance of both teachers and students who come from more than 40 different countries. We believe that children who grow and learn in a multicultural environment gain a greater understanding of others’ cultures, behaviors, and attitudes.
Preschool and Kindergarten: PYP Early Years Primary School (Grade 1-5): PYP Middle School (Grade 6-10): MYP Grade 11 and 12: IB Diploma Programme